launching techniques

Currently reading:
launching techniques

I take mine to 3.5-4k, then dump the clutch and if I have to slightly feather it..

Thats sort of what I go for. Start at 4.5 and feed the clutch in with the revs so that the clutch is fully engaged at 3.5. It's tough on the clutch but when done properly I have had some surprisingly fast starts. For a big tank like a Marea.

Thats sort of what I go for. Start at 4.5 and feed the clutch in with the revs so that the clutch is fully engaged at 3.5. It's tough on the clutch but when done properly I have had some surprisingly fast starts. For a big tank like a Marea.

I find that because my car is so light, if I don't feather the clutch I'm just stuck there spinning up for ages lol :( never had any smell of clutch burning while doing my launches though thankfully :D

I went for the hold it at about 4k rpm handbrake on and drop the hanbrake and side step the clutch at the same time... :eek:

Next week engine moount was gone but did get a 7.7sec to 60 :eek:

Like everyoe else has said each car is dif just find the best revs where you can launch it without bogging it down... Also agree with Chas on the gear changes might even be worth trying a full throttle change.. but your clutch wont last long at all with that kind of abuse ;)

wheel spin = noob

if it was me i'd stick 13" steelies on the front with the widest lowest profile tyres possible, and have the tyre pressure down to approx 20psi.

you need to play the clutch enough to avoid wheel spin but keep you at the peak torque rpm, and at the same time not play the clutch so much that you dont get the maximum amount of torque to the wheels that you can use without spinning. tricky, but practice makes perfect.

Last edited:
Back