iPhone 5 launch

Currently reading:
iPhone 5 launch

283032_526203207409137_316442320_n.jpg

Well I've had my iPhone 5 a day and I'm pretty happy with it. Yes the back and sides will get a scuffed but so would any other metal object that gets thrown about and carried in your pocket. As long as it isn't too major and doesn't affect the actually functionality I can live with that.
My iPhone 4 is up on eBay now, it was a good phone but I must learn to let go of my old stuff :)

I've decided to keep my 4s, will wait for 5s. Anyone recommend a 1 month rolling contract? Just want lots of data. Thinking 3 at the moment. My iPads on 3 and seem to get better internet at my house on 3 than from my wired internet!

right, had my first play on an iPhone5.. im dissapointed. :eek:

theres nothing that makes it stand out from my iPhone4s with the iOS6 update..

yes i dont get LTE 4G, but not like i get it in the Uk..

Ok so i dont get an extra row of apps, but i can still scroll the screen

At least the iPhone4 looks different from anything else on the market, even more than the iPhone/3/3s.

The 5 just looks like some of the early aluminium bodied HTC's like the early Sensation, the Hero and the Desire.. even the twin tone backing is similar. (LISTEN UP HTC, LAW SUIT.... Apple will be after you....)

Yet apple are saying a unique aluminium chassis... Yet HTC have been doing the same thing for 6 years... :bang:

At least the iPhone4 looks different from anything else on the market, even more than the iPhone/3/3s.

The 5 just looks like some of the early aluminium bodied HTC's like the early Sensation, the Hero and the Desire.. even the twin tone backing is similar. (LISTEN UP HTC, LAW SUIT.... Apple will be after you....)

Yet apple are saying a unique aluminium chassis... Yet HTC have been doing the same thing for 6 years... :bang:

Oh dear the Apple bubble has popped :p. Luckily due to the extreme demand it's not to late to sell, get a HTC X one or similar quad core and have enough money left for a small holiday (y).

I had a play yesterday, you are right there is not much obviously different from the old iPhone 4 and 4s software wise, Siri is much better quick and accurate, which to be fair is the whole poit of Siri the black case is very dull and does make it look like every other phone on the market where as the white finish is a bit better, the diamentions of the screen make it look wrong compared to previous models as well.

What I did notice is an increase in the amount of features not included in iOS6 on the older phone which is on the 5 things they could easily included but have clearly decided to keep for just the newer phone to push people to upgrade. It's all a game I really don't care, my Other half has already ordered hers and will trade in her old iPhone against it which will give her some credit against her contract, infinite minutes data and texts and comes in at £30 a month which I don't think is bad

Hence why most people either run with the 3g, 4 and 5 OR 3gs, 4s and whatever next. There isn't that much between one half generation.
Agreed that an aluminium back isn't very original but they probably felt that couldn't continue doing glass as they had done it before and glass too many people were breaking the 4 and 4s.

I'm still happy with mine but a bit like a drug addict I think the Apple boost it wearing off. We come back for more each time but none are ever as good as the first time unless they do something truly radical (y)

Last edited:
I don't have an iPhone5 but I'm not at all shocked to be seeing brand new devices arriving with scuffs and scratches. I've had some experience of Apple's build quality and quality control. I bought a Retina MacBook Pro at launch, and I'm now on my 3rd. They've ALL had manufacturing / quality control defects.

The first one had a badly machined and badly fitted lower panel, this was rough round the edges and meant every time the MBP was picked up / moved it would creak and click like some cheap little HP plastic special.

The second one had a bubble / debris in the coating which resulted in http://i.imgur.com/aMLsTl.jpg

The third one has a milling fault on one of the Thunderbolt ports; http://i.imgur.com/O0Poa.jpg

Apple have been good in replacing them; but a £2000+ laptop shouldn't have any of these marks on it. I'm keeping the third one, Applecare said they would replace it - but if the replacement had marks then they might not offer to replace that and instead just refund me. They offered me an £80 refund to 'put up' with that mark on the Thunderbolt port.

I was also lied to, the replacements were NOT brand new - they showed signs of previous use. Not damage, or anything serious - but things like a finger print on the charger and debris under the 'protective' plastic that they wrap everything in. So be weary of that.

I think this is the reason we're seeing pre-damaged devices.

Every time we picked up the iPhone 5 components, we put it back on the running belt real hard and scold “****” just to release our stress.

Apple need to investigate their supply chain, and stop penny pinching.

Last edited:
Taken a bit of a jump.

Today i traded my iPhone 4 for a nice shiney Nokia Lumia 900.. :eek:
Whilst I love my Lumia 800, why didn't you wait another 2 or 3 weeks for the 920? AhhhhAhhhhAhhhhAhhhhAhhhhAhhhhAhhhhAhhhhAhhhhAhhhh

Back