Kwik Fit brakes

Currently reading:
Kwik Fit brakes

Dont know if this has been posted before but, i was wondering if anyone has taken up the Kwik Fit brake offer where they replace the pads or shoes on the car for free, when you buy a set of brake pads or shoes.
Cheers

Will still be much cheaper to buy them at a motor factor's and fit 'em yourself. Easy job, doesn't take long and you'll know they've been fitted properly :)

dropped my car off at kwik fit to bleed the brakes properly after i changed the pads and discs as i lacked any suitable tubing. left it there and then i left my wallet at home so told my parents to come drop it off to me.

i wasn't there when they arrived and the fitter explained to my parents that their equipment didn't fit my car. then was telling them that only a trained mechanic should work on brakes, so my dad says he'll take it to the garage where he works and asks why they advertise that they do work on brakes since they're not trained mechanics:slayer: .

i wondered why he didn't say much when i picked the car up later(y) :rolleyes:

But they're not mechanics but usually fast fit technicians, i.e. they can do tyres, brakes, exhausts and a few other bits....you don't need a mechanic to blead brakes though!

But they're not mechanics but usually fast fit technicians, i.e. they can do tyres, brakes, exhausts and a few other bits....you don't need a mechanic to blead brakes though!

yeah that's why i went to them. but it's due to the way he said to my dad that only qualified mechanics should work on brakes that my dad pointed out that kwik fit doesn't have any qualified mechanics. got some tube the right size and bled my brakes myself in the end.

Pads are one of the easiest things to change. Once you do one side, the other is a doddle.

I know it's one of the key areas of the car which you want done properly but grab a Haynes Manual and give it a go. I wouldn't trust Kwik Fit either regardless of any special offer!

Back