Kicker VS JBL - components (with links)

Currently reading:
Kicker VS JBL - components (with links)

TBH I havnt heard either. Based on only knowledge they both have their + and - and are much of a muchness.
So what power does your amp give out at 2 ohms as the jbl are 2. They should easily take 100w specially with the gains down a tad.

iv had alot of speakers.

iv had kicker components and my god they were crap, i changed them for infinity which were alot better but i now have fusion :eek::eek: dont ask! lol not my thing but for the price i couldnt turn them down lol and they sound better than the kickers to me.

iv had jbls too though not recently but my sub is jbl and that is amazing.

so out of those i would go for the jbl's :) but maybe a better set? they probably arnt as loud as the kickers but id expect quality is higher

Last edited:

That has to be the most dismal bull$hit i have ever read. I cant believe that trading standards let them actually get away with it.
FFS i would say that they must have got somebody who clearly doesnt have a clue about how an amplifier works to write the copy. But they cant even write copy properly.
Sorry i cant help you there are no quoted figures, are there any in the manual?

Also as has been said Kicker can sound a bit abismal and are more geared towards the volume side of things. But if you can get the instalation right then kicker does perform extremely well for the money.
If you buy kicker you have to think old school, they will like to face on axis and as sealed an enclosure that you can give them and they will be fine.

I used to have a 15" kicker L5 sub, a lot of people told me that the enclosure i built was too small, but if you look at the installs from the 90's then it was all kicker in small sealed enclosures. It was never going to break any records but with 1k up its rear end end certainly made a unique sound.

HTH about Kicker.

Back