General Keys

neilokay

Hi all,bought my bravo (57 plate 150 dizle) couple of years ago without the remote key. I have tried to source one from several auto locksmiths without any joy. The only place I could fine one was the main dealer but it worked out to about the same value as the car. Can anybody on here suggest a much cheaper method of getting a remote key.
TIA
Neil...

Parkar

Fumbling with keys is a thing of the past. If you really need to go back to an old-school solution for key management, try the KeyStash by FORD -- it's a wireless key fob that will unlock and lock your vehicle using Bluetooth technology.

This wirelessly connects to your smartphone and just like any modern device, there are three main controls: Press and hold for up to 10 seconds until the horn sounds and unit blinks blue
Press and release for up to 5 seconds until the headlights blink
Tap twice anywhere on surface of unit when transmitting signal while engine is running.

Fumbling with keys is a thing of the past. If you really need to go back to an old-school solution for key management, try the KeyStash by FORD -- it's a wireless key fob that will unlock and lock your vehicle using Bluetooth technology.

This wirelessly connects to your smartphone and just like any modern device, there are three main controls: Press and hold for up to 10 seconds until the horn sounds and unit blinks blue
Press and release for up to 5 seconds until the headlights blink
Tap twice anywhere on surface of unit when transmitting signal while engine is running.
Why would you want a less reliable far less secure system then keys allready provide?

Not to mention that a lot more expensive when they go wrong?

If the 10 seconds it take to out a key in and turn it to start really a lot of work?

roll

You can get some old remote key and program it to your car. You would need code card, or electric code and multiecuscan software with ELM327 cable.

marcusd

Can someone explain this slowly for us slow kids. Other half only has one key, flip key 3 buttons.

So can I buy second hand remote part and need key cloning? How do you reprogrammed the remote to work with car? Go slow I'm a jap car guy fiat seems to be beating me