General Key Fob

Currently reading:
General Key Fob

Craiglong

Evening all, sorry if this has been mentioned before but i cannot find a answer anywhere.

I brought my Stilo a few weeks back and the owner told me the key fob didnt work as it needed a new battery, i put a new battery in and when i put it back together the red led flashes for 30 seconds then goes off, after that the led does not come on when i press any of the buttons and the buttons do not lock or unlock the doors or the boot.

The key opens all doors and starts the car but why wont the remote central locking work and why isnt the led flashing when i press a button?

I wasnt given the key code or the spare key either, any help or suggesions would be very welcome..............

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Evening all, sorry if this has been mentioned before but i cannot find a answer anywhere.

I brought my Stilo a few weeks back and the owner told me the key fob didnt work as it needed a new battery, i put a new battery in and when i put it back together the red led flashes for 30 seconds then goes off, after that the led does not come on when i press any of the buttons and the buttons do not lock or unlock the doors or the boot.

The key opens all doors and starts the car but why wont the remote central locking work and why isnt the led flashing when i press a button?

I wasnt given the key code or the spare key either, any help or suggesions would be very welcome..............

I have also just bought the stilo & the fob flashes when i press the button but does nothing :(
i priced a new key....
new key =£257+vat then code = £73+vat
the 1 I have recoded= £73+vat
that's from parks in Hamilton
I think that's a total rip-off

I brought a replacement fob already, the lights all work on this one when buttons are pressed.

What cables do I need for that software and do I need to purchase a licence for it to programe keys or will the free one do it?

Also can I programe them without my key security code card?

I brought a replacement fob already, the lights all work on this one when buttons are pressed.

What cables do I need for that software and do I need to purchase a licence for it to programe keys or will the free one do it?

Also can I programe them without my key security code card?

Have a read of this thread, plenty of cables being recommended.
https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo/216751-fiatecuscan-diagnostic-software.html

Yes you will need the key security code.

I think you do need to have the registered version. If your near Wolverhampton your welcome to use my registered version of FES and my cables.

keep in mind you have to swap the original transponder (the small glass tube inside the key) from the old remote to the new remote!
without the proper transponder your car won't start and you can't reprogram a wrong (precoded!) transponder with FES or Examiner !

keep in mind you have to swap the original transponder (the small glass tube inside the key) from the old remote to the new remote!
without the proper transponder your car won't start and you can't reprogram a wrong (precoded!) transponder with FES or Examiner !

does anyone have a step by step guide on how to do this ?
just on the off chance (y)

If its just the remote lock and unlock part of the key fob thats not working there's no reason to mess with the transponder. Best not to, it breaks quite easily.

Just transfer the small remote circuit board from the new key fob into your original fob, its much easier.

I may have not made my self clear lol:
my key blinks when i press the button but nothing happens so i'm going to use the scan prog on my lappy with a lead to the car to reset the key code thats the guide i was thinking of ...
Stilo 1.2 16v 03
what i have read it should be easy ( famous last words)
:eek:

I have also just bought the stilo & the fob flashes when i press the button but does nothing :(
i priced a new key....
new key =£257+vat then code = £73+vat
the 1 I have recoded= £73+vat
that's from parks in Hamilton
I think that's a total rip-off

:eek: god dam that's expensive. I enquired about a new key and coding for my wife's car at Vauxhall. 125 quid including coding. I chuckled and hung up. Went on eBay, bought a key from someone, changed the boards over snd it's worked perfect. Mind u it was only replaced because the buttons were totaly worn out. Saved myself 120 quid. Hope u have as much success.

I have the same problem of key fob seems to be ok as led flashes when pressed. It stopped operating the locks the other morning, after I hadnt used the car for 4 days. It opened alright with the fob, I got in and started the car and for a split second all my dials seemed to go dead. I thought possibly car battery was on way out, as a weeks before I had left it a few days, then went to start and it struggled. Since all this has happened though, my key fob no longer unlocks or locks the car. I have checked fuses, I have disconnected battery over night, but no joy.
What is the cost of obtaining the code from Fiat? Or is there any other way of getting it?

Back