Technical Detect key in ignition switch

Currently reading:
Technical Detect key in ignition switch

gbrfarkas

Hi guys,

Wondering if there is a wire that powers 12 V when I put the key in the ignition switch but don’t turn it away from STOP state.

My Corsa powers up the radio when I do so (I don’t know if it’s a CAN function) so it would be nice to wire the one in the Stilo the same way, since there is no ACC state and I don’t want to leave car in MAR when I want to listen to some music, while waiting for someone e. g.

(Wiring to constant power is not an option as Bluetooth is switched and stays on this way.)

Thanks

Hi guys,

Wondering if there is a wire that powers 12 V when I put the key in the ignition switch but don’t turn it away from STOP state.

My Corsa powers up the radio when I do so (I don’t know if it’s a CAN function) so it would be nice to wire the one in the Stilo the same way, since there is no ACC state and I don’t want to leave car in MAR when I want to listen to some music, while waiting for someone e. g.

(Wiring to constant power is not an option as Bluetooth is switched and stays on this way.)

Thanks
I am guessing it is a non original radio.
I had a similar problem with a Fiat Doblo, even though it had the two power feeds to the new radio it wouldn't do what you want.

Yes, it’s an aftermarket one with a live (memory) wire that is now connected to the original constant 12V stock HU feed and an ACC, which is currently connected to a MAR-switched wire. The latter would be nice to be switched when the key is inserted to the ignition.

Hello everyone! I’m reviving this topic as I have new findings. Basically, I’d like to know what happens when I pull out the key after turning off the engine? I'm trying to find out what triggers the interior lighting. It doesn't come on when turning the key from MAR to STOP or when I start pulling out the key and the steering lock engages. I observed that it activates the lights when the key is only about 3-4 mm in the ignition switch. Presumably, it's related to a CAN signal, but what specifically triggers it in the last half centimeter remains unclear. Is there something like a switch at the ‘entrance’ of the ignition key hole?

Remove the shrouds from the steering , find the ignition switch wiring . Investigate the ignition switch wires using a multimeter .

Or fit a separate fused switched live to radio from a permanent live , which will be much easier.

Back