DSCF37971.JPG

Grande Punto kaci1991 My New/First Fiat (Grande Punto 1.4 16v Sporting)

Introduction

Hi everyone! :)

So... Never been on any type of forum before but here goes..

Picked up this car last Thursday as a Birthday present to myself. Payed £4,000 for it, with 57,500 miles on the clock so not too bad (so I'm told!? lol) Have a couple of friends with GPs so knew what they were like and that I liked them! (Plus now have a 'helper technician'! :p) Pics below are from when I picked it up and I'll be making some changes in time.. Had a few teething problems with the car (on day 1!) but think I've got those sorted now so just to enjoy having a car again - had an OLD Clio a couple of years ago but been 'bussing it' since (n).

Already made a couple of changes (with some help from the 'Punto Technician' :p like spraying the front grill full black and tinted the rear lights as well as changing the outline of the rear lights to black rather than the red that they came with. Not taken any newer pics yet though!

Interior is nice too (for me anyways) with it's 'Orange Smarties' effect lol - Look dirty on the pics but they're not! Although will be getting a thorough clean when weather permits (Snow in March (n)!!! )

Got my list of things to do to the car but for now it's nice to actually have one and changes will come as/when funds allow.. So for now... Meet RuFuZ!! :D

21_03_13_4_.jpg
21_03_13_3_.jpg
21_03_13_1_.JPG
21_03_13_5_.jpg
DSCF37971.JPG
DSCF38021.JPG
DSCF38011.JPG
IMAG01634.jpg
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_5_.JPG
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_4_.JPG
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_1_.JPG
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_2_.JPG
Reactions: TheSilverFox
Seeing as Ashley told me they needed a refurb get them done (and in orange), then get "Rufus" on some Eibachs...or is that techically "Rufuz" because of your plate ;) I hope you come to the next Trafford meet when i text ashley, want to see this in the flesh also :)

ps. I had a dog called Rufus, great name!

Thanks!! At the moment it's not sprayed with the Fiat Orange (it's Ford orange), but will be respraying in time.. and will look into seeing if I can find the Caribbean Orange wing mirror caps somewhere :/ and I don't know about the orange wheels.. Can't decide... I would have to get them in the Caribbean orange though wouldn't I? Might be a bit bright maybe :/ and I don't think Ash would approve of them :p lol.. I think I might spray one before I get them refurbed and see what they look like and decide then whether I'll spray them black/dark grey or orange once they're refurbed. Yeah, he's called Rufuz technically lol.. I forgot when I typed it earlier lol.. I was blocking out the plates but cba now so hey.. Yeah I will be coming to the trafford meet depending on when it is.. Ash thought it was the first Thursday of the month (4th July) but if not I'll need to know when asap so I can sort it with work :)

Thanks!! At the moment it's not sprayed with the Fiat Orange (it's Ford orange), but will be respraying in time.. and will look into seeing if I can find the Caribbean Orange wing mirror caps somewhere :/ and I don't know about the orange wheels.. Can't decide... I would have to get them in the Caribbean orange though wouldn't I? Might be a bit bright maybe :/ and I don't think Ash would approve of them :p lol.. I think I might spray one before I get them refurbed and see what they look like and decide then whether I'll spray them black/dark grey or orange once they're refurbed. Yeah, he's called Rufuz technically lol.. I forgot when I typed it earlier lol.. I was blocking out the plates but cba now so hey.. Yeah I will be coming to the trafford meet depending on when it is.. Ash thought it was the first Thursday of the month (4th July) but if not I'll need to know when asap so I can sort it with work :)

Yeah, correct in saying first thursday of every month, albeit the 'every month' is a slight porky, as this coming one clashes with a big show, Stanford Hall 7th July, so most people (myself included) opt for the bigger show. We're not made of money unfortunately. The next Trafford meet would be 1st August by my calculations. Reuuk would/can confirm that i'm sure.

Be great to see you there!

Yeah, correct in saying first thursday of every month, albeit the 'every month' is a slight porky, as this coming one clashes with a big show, Stanford Hall 7th July, so most people (myself included) opt for the bigger show. We're not made of money unfortunately. The next Trafford meet would be 1st August by my calculations. Reuuk would/can confirm that i'm sure.

Be great to see you there!

You are correct, we have a meal this sunday, then a traff meet thursday 4th july then aug 1st (traff meets are first thursday of each month) :)

oo ok then :) Not sure whether we're going to the Traff meet then if there won't be many people there.. not sure! I'll definitely be there next time then though :)

I'm sure the local crew will be there, but i travel up from Coventry each month, so its a bit far on the ol' fuel consumption to make it to every event. But i'll most definitely be at the 1st August one!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Kaci ! Just noticed your grille ! How'd you go about sparying that ? Just matt black standard spray paint or something special ? And how many coats etc ?

Back