DSCF37971.JPG

Grande Punto kaci1991 My New/First Fiat (Grande Punto 1.4 16v Sporting)

Introduction

Hi everyone! :)

So... Never been on any type of forum before but here goes..

Picked up this car last Thursday as a Birthday present to myself. Payed £4,000 for it, with 57,500 miles on the clock so not too bad (so I'm told!? lol) Have a couple of friends with GPs so knew what they were like and that I liked them! (Plus now have a 'helper technician'! :p) Pics below are from when I picked it up and I'll be making some changes in time.. Had a few teething problems with the car (on day 1!) but think I've got those sorted now so just to enjoy having a car again - had an OLD Clio a couple of years ago but been 'bussing it' since (n).

Already made a couple of changes (with some help from the 'Punto Technician' :p like spraying the front grill full black and tinted the rear lights as well as changing the outline of the rear lights to black rather than the red that they came with. Not taken any newer pics yet though!

Interior is nice too (for me anyways) with it's 'Orange Smarties' effect lol - Look dirty on the pics but they're not! Although will be getting a thorough clean when weather permits (Snow in March (n)!!! )

Got my list of things to do to the car but for now it's nice to actually have one and changes will come as/when funds allow.. So for now... Meet RuFuZ!! :D

21_03_13_4_.jpg
21_03_13_3_.jpg
21_03_13_1_.JPG
21_03_13_5_.jpg
DSCF37971.JPG
DSCF38021.JPG
DSCF38011.JPG
IMAG01634.jpg
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_5_.JPG
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_4_.JPG
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_1_.JPG
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_2_.JPG
Reactions: TheSilverFox
Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy a badgeless front grill for my car at a reasonable price? Can't seem to find anything on ebay or anything (n) Also need a new glovebox lid as the handle on my is broken.

Any ideas, please let me know! (y) Also, thinking of spraying my alloys to dark grey.. Any opinions? :) Thanks!

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy a badgeless front grill for my car at a reasonable price? Can't seem to find anything on ebay or anything (n) Also need a new glovebox lid as the handle on my is broken.

Any ideas, please let me know! (y) Also, thinking of spraying my alloys to dark grey.. Any opinions? :) Thanks!

you only need a new handle and mech to fix your glovbox, iirc its two screws to remove :)

nice pics btw :) love the moving shots :)

Also, I'm wanting to de-badge the back of the GP at some point.. Or actually thinking of moving the badge from where it is now to where it is on the Evos - just under the main Fiat badge... But.. I have absolutely no idea on how to de-badge it.. Tried looking on guides but haven't found anything (not sure if I'm looking in the right place) so put a post up on there but nobody seems to answer? lol.. Any ideas anyone? Your help would be appreciated! :)

Just get a hairdryer on the badge to warm it up a bit n it will peel straight off. Then just give it a wash where the badge used to be to get rid of any sticky bits that might be left behind :)

Just get a hairdryer on the badge to warm it up a bit n it will peel straight off. Then just give it a wash where the badge used to be to get rid of any sticky bits that might be left behind :)

oh right, knew it would be something simple just didn't know how!! Thanks (y):) Do you know how I would then move it, just a bit of glue on the same badges and put it where I want or would I need to buy a new badge?

Last edited:
Debadge grill (y)

Rear lights :yuck: Get abarths!

As for De-punto'ing, mine attempts to come off when i wash her with warm water. They go a bit loose and are easily manipulated into slightly slanted positions. So just a bit of heat is required ;) Simples. They should just restick once you warm them up and move them. Do it on a cool day and they'll stick better after they've been away from the hairdryer again.

Debadge grill (y)

Rear lights :yuck: Get abarths!

As for De-punto'ing, mine attempts to come off when i wash her with warm water. They go a bit loose and are easily manipulated into slightly slanted positions. So just a bit of heat is required ;) Simples. They should just restick once you warm them up and move them. Do it on a cool day and they'll stick better after they've been away from the hairdryer again.

Yeah... I can't decide on those rear lights, I like them there but not sure how they would actually look on the car :rolleyes: Only thing is mine is a series 1 and the Abarth rear lights would be for a series 2 I think so a lot of trouble with changing the electrics or something? I was originally thinking of getting the Evo lights as I like them but that's the same electricals problem.. If you have any idea how to fit either of them?? (y)

Yeah... I can't decide on those rear lights, I like them there but not sure how they would actually look on the car :rolleyes: Only thing is mine is a series 1 and the Abarth rear lights would be for a series 2 I think so a lot of trouble with changing the electrics or something? I was originally thinking of getting the Evo lights as I like them but that's the same electricals problem.. If you have any idea how to fit either of them?? (y)

The abarth rear lights arent series related so they will fit ANY series grande punto its the front lights that have different series for fitments :) and i think abarth rears look great! :slayer:

Just to reiterate that rears are not series dependent. Fronts are. So get Abarth rears, so much nicer. For such a subtle change, its amazing how much it sets the car off IMO.

Don't go for those tacky aftermarket rears, OEM+ is sooooo much cleaner/meaner and not to mention,...classier.

oh right, so I'll leave those then and get the Abarth ones I think :) Like I said, I was looking at the Evo lights rather than the Abarth ones but if the Abarth ones will fit will prob go for them..

Is it a massive pain to get the darker headlights (the grey ones) on the series 1, as think they are the series 2 ones? Would like different headlights but don't want to be messing with it too much!

oh right, so I'll leave those then and get the Abarth ones I think :) Like I said, I was looking at the Evo lights rather than the Abarth ones but if the Abarth ones will fit will prob go for them..

Is it a massive pain to get the darker headlights (the grey ones) on the series 1, as think they are the series 2 ones? Would like different headlights but don't want to be messing with it too much!

Would require slight rewiring i believe to make S2 fit an S1. Just buy S1 Abarth fronts too ;) even easier, and on a black car even better than the dark grey ones. Unless your really settled on the great ones ofcourse

Evo rears are nice, if you fancy rewiring it all. I believe RuSZ has done his, iirc he has warning lights on though. Can be done though.

Back