DSCF37971.JPG

Grande Punto kaci1991 My New/First Fiat (Grande Punto 1.4 16v Sporting)

Introduction

Hi everyone! :)

So... Never been on any type of forum before but here goes..

Picked up this car last Thursday as a Birthday present to myself. Payed £4,000 for it, with 57,500 miles on the clock so not too bad (so I'm told!? lol) Have a couple of friends with GPs so knew what they were like and that I liked them! (Plus now have a 'helper technician'! :p) Pics below are from when I picked it up and I'll be making some changes in time.. Had a few teething problems with the car (on day 1!) but think I've got those sorted now so just to enjoy having a car again - had an OLD Clio a couple of years ago but been 'bussing it' since (n).

Already made a couple of changes (with some help from the 'Punto Technician' :p like spraying the front grill full black and tinted the rear lights as well as changing the outline of the rear lights to black rather than the red that they came with. Not taken any newer pics yet though!

Interior is nice too (for me anyways) with it's 'Orange Smarties' effect lol - Look dirty on the pics but they're not! Although will be getting a thorough clean when weather permits (Snow in March (n)!!! )

Got my list of things to do to the car but for now it's nice to actually have one and changes will come as/when funds allow.. So for now... Meet RuFuZ!! :D

21_03_13_4_.jpg
21_03_13_3_.jpg
21_03_13_1_.JPG
21_03_13_5_.jpg
DSCF37971.JPG
DSCF38021.JPG
DSCF38011.JPG
IMAG01634.jpg
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_5_.JPG
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_4_.JPG
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_1_.JPG
1st_Modifications_22_03_13_2_.JPG
Reactions: TheSilverFox
Hello mate hows things, try this guide mate its what I used when I changed my speakers so it may assist when coming to find your problem with the wiring https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/113959-changing-front-speakers-walkthrough-pics.html

Regards
Stephen
ok thanks. Got a few minor plans for the GP at the weekend, providing weather permits.. Another clean is number 1.. Can't believe how dirty it gets within hours of cleaning it! :( Also going to give debadging a go :S Plus there is the speaker wire and a heater light out so need to fix those... Next question... How the hell do I get the key out of it's housing?? I know I've got to 'unlock' it and the think I need to get to the screw behind the fiat logo, but do you think I can get that fiat logo out!! :(

Hey guys,

Bit of a little update, I've debadged the Punto! :) I've taken the badge off altogether at the moment. With the help of a friend (iPunto90) I've decided on an orange and black theme for the car (colour brought about by my Orange Smarties seats!).. So, will put the 'P' from the Punto back on in time, but will spray it orange first. That won't be going back on until I've redone the Fiat rear badge.. Thinking of going for the inverse of the one below (stolen someone's photo who has done it on an Orange Punto).... Also thinking of doing a few other little things like orange calipers and maybe try some of that tape stuff that goes on the alloys... Was thinking... and wanted to get opinions (although wouldn't happen any time soon due to money)... what would you all think of an orange roof if it was the right colour, or even orange carbon fibre roof?? (the DS3 effect)... Can't decide whether it would look really good or really bad.. think it would be the extreme version of one of them lol... Also thinking of doing a few orange bits on the interior as well but it'll all come in time, just want to get some ideas/opinions together first!! (btw, does anyone know if/where I can buy the Sporting Orange as I actually like that shade rather than some kind of fake tan thing going on!)

Anyway, pics below of what I'd do with rear badge (courtesy of/stolen from another member) in inverse, and pics of the car with/without the Punto badge and with/without the 'P' (normal colour!) ---- I'll apologise now for the awful pics!
Rear_Badge_Idea_2_.jpg
Before18.jpg
During1.jpg
After_-_Dirty.jpg
No_Badge.jpg
No_Badge_2_.jpg
P-Man.jpg
P-Man_2_.jpg
---

Last edited:
Thanks :) Yeah I'm not too sure about the roof as might be too much, but I do like the DS3s... uhh dno! lol.. I'm not too sure about orange wheels.. Maybe if I had different alloys but with those ones think it might be like orange blobs! :S Thanks for the opinions though. Does anyone know where/if I can get orange Fiat Forum stickers? Would complete the theme! Really thought I would be able to get them from here seeing as there is an orange Punto, but haven't found them if I can..

Thanks :) Yeah I'm not too sure about the roof as might be too much, but I do like the DS3s... uhh dno! lol.. I'm not too sure about orange wheels.. Maybe if I had different alloys but with those ones think it might be like orange blobs! :S Thanks for the opinions though. Does anyone know where/if I can get orange Fiat Forum stickers? Would complete the theme! Really thought I would be able to get them from here seeing as there is an orange Punto, but haven't found them if I can..

You can get Fiat Forums stickers from the Shop on the blue bar at the top of the page, I'm not too sure they sell orange though.
I ordered some a month ago now but I've still not got them (n)

The orange theme looks great I originally went orange did mirror covers interior and even my trims (back when money was tight lol) but didn't do the roof but saw someone copied so went a different route :( could always buy a ill bit of orange vinyl to trial it see if it would look good on the roof

The orange theme will look good like you said your seats will be like the main part if the theme. If you want some orange spray paint halfords do a colour mix and match you have to ask for it though. I had some for my orange GP the colour code is 551/A and you can get a spray or a pot with a brush and its a really good match I just touched my bumper up with it and you can see nearly no difference so would be perfect for a few bits and bobs on your car.

Jordan.

The orange theme will look good like you said your seats will be like the main part if the theme. If you want some orange spray paint halfords do a colour mix and match you have to ask for it though. I had some for my orange GP the colour code is 551/A and you can get a spray or a pot with a brush and its a really good match I just touched my bumper up with it and you can see nearly no difference so would be perfect for a few bits and bobs on your car.

Jordan.
Yeah sounds great, thanks for that Jordan :)

Well hello - Not been on in quite a while - sorry about that! But haven't had much to report... until now!

As some of you may be aware, iPunto90's Sporting is no more... He has part ex'd it for something else (I'm sure you will all be updated later). However, Rufus, his wonderful Sporting's friend, has inherited a few items before it was time to say goodbye...

iPunto90's alloys, rear Abarth lights and badgeless front grill have all come my way (thanks!)

So.. here are a few pics of my Sporting with the new parts (albeit that, if you have seen iPunto90's sporting - it's kinda now looking very similar!)

Car_With_New_Front_Grill.jpg
Car_With_New_Alloys.jpg

I know - before anyone says anything - It needs lowering (bear in mind that in these pics the car had just been on the jacks so was a bit higher than normal!)

Now, as you may already know, I've decided to go with a bit of an orange/black theme in line with the interior. As you can see, I hadn't done much towards making that happen yet, but I've now made a few minor tweaks which, in my opinion are quite nice! At the moment, it is just the wing mirrors and the outer of the top front grill.. I'll be doing the same on the bottom front grill (not the side that's closed to the number plate). I've also received (this morning) some stripes to put on the car. I've bought the new style Abarth stripes in Orange (don't worry, they say Punto not Abarth!) and will be fitting orange caliper covers.. All in the near future! I hope you approve...

Car412.jpg
Car230.jpg
Car_Enhanced.jpg

Any opinions/comments welcome!! Oh, btw, I'll likely be coming to the meet at the Trafford Centre on 4th July so hope to see some of you there!

Back