Punto (Mk2/2b) JustAndy's Mk2 Sporting.

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) JustAndy's Mk2 Sporting.

Re: FiatAndy's Mk2 Punto

Just a quick question Andy. In this picture of your car the strip of black vinyl crap is gone from between your doors and makes it look far better. How easy is it to remove and is it the same colour as the car underneath? Mines the same as yours btw. :)

Just a quick question Andy. In this picture of your car the strip of black vinyl crap is gone from between your doors and makes it look far better. How easy is it to remove and is it the same colour as the car underneath? Mines the same as yours btw. :)

its really easy actually... can either heat it up using a heat gun/hair drier etc and peal, or do what i did and just peal from the edge inside the door and work your way around it slowly pulling till its off. heating it up will make it easier and quicker as the glue will melt a little. bit of wd-40 to soften and remove the left over glue and give it a final rub down with t-cut. and yes, it is the same colour paint as the car underneath, although depending on age/colour and condition of your paint, it may be a bit darker than the rest of the car.

:yeahthat: and yeah it didnt take me long really, i just hairdryed it but make sure you take it slow because if you dont then it leaves loads of glue which is such a pain to get off, i still havnt got it off after a lot of elbow grease, t-cut, re-hairdrying washing etc etc so make sure you go slowww and yeah its just standard paint underneath so unless you know your paint has faded loads it should be exactly the same (y)

Cars looking buff mate, i love the suntle mods(y)

Where did you get your sunstrip from, i quite like idea of that :)

Thanks bud
Cheers mate!
I got it from ebay, matt black for something like £3.50 which i thought was a bargain because from sites it was like £15 and i added the gmax vinyl myself because im having gmax springs fitted at some point
I thought id go for subtle things for now until i can afford bigger better mods like induction, remap, exhaust, smoothing and of course insurance!

Right ive got a few plans for when i get paid now
  • Buy LED's for my speedo cluster and the switches on the centre console
  • Spray my centre console black
  • spray other interior trim
  • TAX lol thats a big one to do and if my vehicle reg document has finally come ¬.¬
  • led footwells
  • Buy some mats too
And also a few other things but i cant think right now
But one of them is fitting my aerial which i still havnt figured out how to do because the bolt that ive been told to un do doesnt line up with the aerial base on the roof at all so i need to look into that!

LOL likin the list mate and all the LED'S haha

BTW the speedo dial LED's are quite tricky tbh not like the insturmental panel lol it took me a good whole day to finish mine....and needle realignment is a b*tch honest took me like an hour to properly realign the needles lol

Finally got my aerial sorted out now, i didnt bother taking the base off through the interior light because i couldnt find the right bolt and i think that the sunroof motor was in the way anyway so that would have been a pain so i just unscrewed the bit that had snapped off the base and attached the one from the other base i had and now its all fitted but i still need to sort my headunit out because only the cd player works, usb, radio, aux in and sd card dont work for some reason so il have a look at that at some point but maybe not today because im working in a little while (n)

Right well ive got a few new ideas for my car now, a little different from what i originally wanted but oh well lol
Im wanting to drop by 50mm now so i MAY be selling my 35mm springs at some point.
Im wanting these wheels
http://www.tunershop.co.uk/Wheels/15_inches/Keskin_KT3_x100_103x_p220768.html
And possibly stretched tyres
rolled arches
wind deflectors getting bought beginning of next month also the stilo splitter.
Im tempted to go to a scrap yard and see if there is a sporting bumper that i can practice smoothing on and may consider doing mine at some point and also bonnet.
Im going to try and re trim my headliner and pillars with black suade lookalike but thats gonna cost me about £50 for all the fabric and everything i need.
What you guys think about all that?

Right well ive got a few new ideas for my car now, a little different from what i originally wanted but oh well lol
Im wanting to drop by 50mm now so i MAY be selling my 35mm springs at some point.
Im wanting these wheels
http://www.tunershop.co.uk/Wheels/15_inches/Keskin_KT3_x100_103x_p220768.html
And possibly stretched tyres
rolled arches
wind deflectors getting bought beginning of next month also the stilo splitter.
Im tempted to go to a scrap yard and see if there is a sporting bumper that i can practice smoothing on and may consider doing mine at some point and also bonnet.
Im going to try and re trim my headliner and pillars with black suade lookalike but thats gonna cost me about £50 for all the fabric and everything i need.
What you guys think about all that?

i think i know where you get your inspiration from:rolleyes:

haha just jokin bud(y) nice plans :)

loving the punto mate, small sly mods are the way forward.
you should get on the underglow neons, theyre cheap on ebay, fit yourself a switch they look sick.
how much did you get your tint spray for?
did you get that front splitter in the end?

loving the punto mate, small sly mods are the way forward.
you should get on the underglow neons, theyre cheap on ebay, fit yourself a switch they look sick.
how much did you get your tint spray for?
did you get that front splitter in the end?
Cheers mate! Hell yeah, nice and subtle for now!
Until insurance can give up enough for bigger better mods!
Im not too keen on undercar neons and cops round here are soo strict with everything so not sure tbh
I got my spray for £7 i think so not that bad tbh and im just waiting to get paid then il order one and fit the splitter asap!
As well as that im gonna sell my 35mm springs and buy some 50mm springs asap which is the thing im waiting for the most!

This thread is on hold until ive sorted out my car, ive just been informed that there may be a cloned car with the same reg plate as mine and the dvla wont give me ownership of my own car so until that is sorted out, im afraid no more updates for a while (n)

Any luck with sorting stuff out with the cloning issue ?

Only just realised, whilst flicking through your old photos, that it says dave woz ere on your number plate ;)
Nope nothing yet mate, im gonna wait a few more days see if they get back to me before i contact them but tbh its so annoying to have my car just sat there and i cant even spend any money on it whilst im not using it because i dont even know if i will end up keeping the car :confused:
and also im having to get lifts most days to work and i feel sorry for my girlfriend lol seen as i work till at least 12 most nights.
haha yeah i know, i wanted rid of my reg plate and he just edited it to have his mark on it lol :p

Back