Punto (Mk2/2b) JustAndy's Mk2 Sporting.

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) JustAndy's Mk2 Sporting.

Plenty of space, remember if you take the current induction off then theres plenty of space. Just looked on eBay. K&N do a full kit for it. all £170 of it :eek:

im looking forward to John's videos now. im seriously impressed by what we created...

Ouch, thats a fair bit of cash for an induction lol. Just put a proper cone filter on it for now :p
Yeah think he got a few videos when you were doing the drive by ones so i wanna hear them properly. Yeah ill just keep my bonnet closed at any meets so people dont know whats actually under there ;)

Jesus i leave you alone for a couple of days and look what happens..
Need to sort that induction out sharpish - it won't be air-tight and this is a bad thing, a very bad thing indeed.

You gave up on suspension why? coz bolts were too tight by sound of it :rolleyes: man up boy lol
Get them liberally sprayed in service lube and i'll try come fit them this weekend if your about ;)

Ouch, thats a fair bit of cash for an induction lol. Just put a proper cone filter on it for now :p
Yeah think he got a few videos when you were doing the drive by ones so i wanna hear them properly. Yeah ill just keep my bonnet closed at any meets so people dont know whats actually under there ;)

It comes as standard with a K&N cone, but thats over the vauxhall induction pipe, instead of a airbox.

The full K&N kit replaces the vauxhall piping with a higher flow pipe. so i could always just make my own ducting :devil: im already doing it with the exhaust might as well do the engine bay as well... :D

if you dont want people at meets to see your awesome induction we made then why did we post the pictures :confused::confused:

Need to sort that induction out sharpish - it won't be air-tight and this is a bad thing, a very bad thing indeed.

You gave up on suspension why? coz bolts were too tight by sound of it :rolleyes: man up boy lol
Get them liberally sprayed in service lube and i'll try come fit them this weekend if your about ;)

Its more airtight that it first was... :rolleyes:

its pretty airtight, just needs some proper silicone glue to seal it up properly. once thats done it will be alright (y)

I only say as my induction kit was ill fitted on my cinq once and it didn't take long for all the plugs to get choked up as the car gets confused about how much fuel to whack it due to irregular flow of air from bad seals.

edit: they got so bad the car wouldn't start - took a while to figure it out as i didn't notice the leak on the induction so was looking all over the place for a culprit and clearly i had taken the induction kit off to look at the engine. Oh that was a bad few days but i did find some other faults i wasn't aware of so i will not moan too much lol.

Last edited:

Yeah im either gonna buy some proper sealant to make it air tight or some silicone pipes to do it properly and yeah we gave up because it was very rusty and tight and i didnt have the right tool to get the top mounts off lol. I need to see when im working first but depending on if i am i should be about

I only say as my induction kit was ill fitted on my cinq once and it didn't take long for all the plugs to get choked up as the car gets confused about how much fuel to whack it due to irregular flow of air from bad seals.

No, i know what you mean. the joint between the original pipe and the metal 90degree pipe is well taped up, no problem there i would think, but still needs some silicone glue for good measure. as for the rest, we used the new metal bend for the rocker cover feed, but the original pipe still has one, so that needs properly corking and sealing. its taped up.

like we said we got bored and did it, its all temporary we agreed that :eek:

What tool don't you have, is it specific or might i have one (i have taken the shed door off the hinges so have access to my stuff again, YAY!)

Im not sure but you need something to get a bolt off the top mount but an allen key through the middle to keep that still. Thats what got us stuck because any spanner we tried just slipped off because it couldnt get a proper grip on the bolt

I think i get what you mean now.. Are you sure its 3/4 seems strange for a modern car to have a 3/4 nut on it. I have never come across one on any of my fiats ever. New spanner is only few quid anyways but sure i'll have one amongst my ones.

definately a 3/4. we tried using a 17m, 18mm, 19mm & 20mm. no off them fitted the top bolt. wheras the hub nuts use a 18mm :confused:

it seems to be a weird mix of metric & imperial on the punto's :bang:

edit; should say that the 3/4 ring fitted, just was at an angle because TopCap wouldnt let it sit flush.

but because it wouldnt sit flat it might be a 18 or 19mm

One of there (y)
Shallow-Offset-Ring-Spanner.jpg

Last edited:
Wow i really dont update this at all (not that there is much going on) but i bought some wind deflectors a couple of weeks ago, look cool, dont do much in the way of "wind deflecting" Or keeping the rain off me lol. Oh well and i also bought some aero wipers because my others were shot and they work really well for a few quid off ebay. Ive got a few things planned for it like i recieved a new sunstrip today because my other has got loads of air bubbles underneath now because it was crappy vinyl so hopefully this new one will last a bit longer and ive also got a blanking grommet for my rear wiper so that will be going soon (got spares for sale in the classifieds soon) Oh and im thinking about something for my roof but thats secret (y) No pictures because its raining and my car is dirty lol

uh, coilovers still not on... c'mon boyo.
What deflectors did you get, i just got some heko ones for the van and they really do deflect the wind and rain - i was driving through huge puddles y'day with my windows open ;)

lol coilovers were sold..I made a profit on them and insurance wouldnt insure me for them so on the look out for 50mm springs now and I got some Team Heko ones too but smoking in the car in the rain is just worse now, it directs the rain inwards too me!

Back