General Just bought some wheels :D

Currently reading:
General Just bought some wheels :D

better pic, car on slope but not as weighted!

Attachments

• DSCF2897.jpg
    DSCF2897.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 61
It does look nice on that picture and has shed any doubts on its appearance, cheers arc (y)

The alloys arrived today :D The came with a full set of wobblys, wobbly lockers, metal spigot rings, and look sweet!

untitled image.jpg

I got a quote for fitment at one garage, £43, was hoping a bit cheaper, but will ask around when its time.

Should I have standard valves fitted, or try some flush fitting??!!

StoneNewt, they weigh 6.8 kg each, I will weight the tyres when they arrive (y)

Cheers,

Kristian

Yeah :)

Valves, fitment, and balancing. That price is for all 4 to be done. This place also uses nitrogen to inflate?!

TBH I am thinking of fitting the valves myself with flush fitting valves, they look really neat!! and maybe the costs for fitting will drop as a bonus :)

https://www.fiatforum.com/showpost.php?p=1092250&postcount=9

Looks like my alloys are designed for them, so hopefully leaking won't be an issue :D

Kristian

The tyres arrived today (y) and also the flush fit valves.

Now I can't fit the tyres myself but CAN fir the valves and they look great :D

P1010859.JPG P1010860.JPG

I will spray the covers white at some point, and then you'll not even know they are there!

I put thread lock on the two nuts to make sure they don't come loose.

Hopefully I'll get the rubber on tomorrow, and then I'll try and fit them....offering the tyre up next to the car, ans its going to be VERY tight! I may need new springs :(

Kristian

IF that's the only down side, I can live with it...wonder what the tyres fitters are going to make of it though lol

REally hope they do a decent job and don't scratch and mess up the wheels and valves.

Wish I could do all jobs I need myself :D

Kristian

It is absoultly chucking it down today, but I braved the weather, and got drenched....the results were worth it though :)

P1010883.JPG

P1010886.JPG

They look great I think (y)

Those shots were taken about 30 meters away from a window upstairs due to the rain, expect better pics soon.

I havn't done the pressures yet or tried moving it! The rears are very close to the arms, but thats 'cause I have no spacers there..4mm onces arrive tomorrow though :slayer:

not sure what pressure to inflate too....I have heard of max - 10% as a recommended rule, but i couldn't see the tyre pressure on the wall.

For graham, the total weel wheight is 13.4kg, not that light! The 13's were 10.4 Kg although there is less metal and a lot less rubber there.

You all like??

Kristian

why did you have to go and do that i want some white multi spoke wheels now:(

looks awsome(y) :worship:

Here's the update for anyone interested in the fitting.

They are:

OZ Superturismo 14"
Continental SportContact 185/50/14

To fit I have:

10mm hubcentric spacers at the front
Direct fitment onto the hub at the rear

Generic stud conversion bolts
Wobbly nuts

This is fitted onto a Sei with a 50mm suspension kit (dampers and shocks)..needed cut bump stops all round.

the studs are needed on the front as you can't get wobbly bolts long enough. On the back, if you run no spacer, you could get away with wobbly bolts.

At the front, there is no rubbing or scrubbing at all! even on full lock, heavy breaking or cornering, so all is sweet there!

On the rears, there is no noticeable scrubbing or rubbing even on bumpy roads, but its a little too close to the arms and body for my liking. I'll keep an eye on the tyres and wheels for any signs of wear.

I bought 4mm spacers (fiat specific) but they leave very little/only the chamfered edge of the centering ring....so I didn't fit them. Ultimately, I may use them as a template to make some 2mm spacers out of some sheet metal.....but it seems ok at the mo.

On damp roads, where i could spin the wheels in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th in a straight line when flooring it, I now can only spin in 1st and 2nd, so lots more grip!!!

Also on standing water, it's much less prone to veer off and plane!

Some of this may be the fact that the tyres are new, but im sure the profile is helping!

All of the arch liner are untouched and still fitted.

I'm still at a loss as too the pressures, but will start another thread on it, i stuck 30 rear and 32 at the front for now.

As for proper pics, I'm awaiting a wash, spare time and a sunny day :D

TBH, maybe I'm lucky or I'm missing something, but I don't understand all of GeX's problems with fitment.

Kristian

Back