General Just bought some wheels :D

Currently reading:
General Just bought some wheels :D

Just over a year later, and most of the laquer is starting to flake off. The powdercoating then gets a stained colour, and takes a bit of cleaning.

Not what i was expecting this soon. Gonna have a chat with the supplier and OZ, and see what they say.

Worst comes to worst, i'll have to take them all off and relaquer them :(

Grrr Kritip you bastradd! I'm so jealous of your car, and the wheels, damnit, I've loved those for a longg longgggg time! They look the bollcoks regardless =)

Luke.

Last edited:
Well I rang the supplier who said they were out of warranty :( (n)

So I emailed OZ German HQ, who said they were still covered (y) :D

I think they have a two year warranty on them.

I rang the supplier back up, and they seemed suprised, but asked me to send in photo's....so hopefully im on the road to a replacement.

Bit worried the replacements will do the same after 2 years though :(

Here's some pics of whats happened. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress :)

P1000101.JPG P1000103.JPGP1000104.JPG

P1000107.JPG P1000108.JPG P1000110.JPG

P1000112.JPG P1000114.JPG

P1000115.JPG P1000116.JPGP1000117.JPG

Cheers,

Kristian

Well, after sending pictures and a few emails, www.alloywheels.com aka rochford tyres state that they are not under their warranty, despite the manufacturer telling me they are.

They said I should not have gone and spoken to any other company (even though it was the manufacturer) about the wheels and "I can not help you any further with this matter" :confused: (n)

So.....I have sent a reply back to OZ Germany, I don't know what they will say, or how long the reply will take though :(

Anyone know where I stand on this issue?

Cheers,

Kristian

Last edited:
Just one thing OZ are an Italian company with I believe associate partners in Germany and Japan, but the manufacturing base is still Italy so wondering why you contacted German company and not Italian?

As far as where you stand, its a tough one, the reseller is a representative of the manufacturer and as such they provide the warranty. As for warranty lengths in different countries to be unequal, its not unheard of, as of course different countries have there own laws.

Back