General Just bought some wheels :D

Currently reading:
General Just bought some wheels :D

Since the engine swap handling has been not that great due to the extra power so I jsut went mad and bought:

14" OZ Racing Superturismo WRC's (the white ones)
185/50/14 Continental SportContact

Cost a LOT, but should look the buisness and keep me on the road :D

Had troubles getting them to sell me them when I said what car, eventually i had to waiver any return based on fitment, and tell him they weer for a punto.

Wheels were from Rochford Tyres, tyres from my tyres.

Now I really have to sort out the wobbly bolts or nuts, and most importantly the locking stuff.

CAn't wait to post pics when they arrive :)

What you all think of my choice?

Kristian

Good choice (y) i´ve seen alot of Citroen C2´s with thse wheels can´t wait to see what they look like on a cento.

Had troubles getting them to sell me them when I said what car, eventually i had to waiver any return based on fitment, and tell him they weer for a punto.

Now I really have to sort out the wobbly bolts or nuts, and most importantly the locking stuff.

Firstly, good choice (y)

Secondly, why do you need to sort out wobblies??? surely if they are Punto fitment then they are 4x98? I would understand them costing a lot if they were done to suit this pcd, less so if you are still having to use wobblies

Since the engine swap handling has been not that great due to the extra power so I jsut went mad and bought:

14" OZ Racing Superturismo WRC's (the white ones)
185/50/14 Continental SportContact

Wheels were from Rochford Tyres, tyres from my tyres.

CAn't wait to post pics when they arrive :)

What you all think of my choice?

Kristian

did you get FF discount?

That last post was a quick post, as I was in work! I rushed home and browsed the forum and found out Rochford do a 5% discount to members!!

Aparently the order had already been processed, BUT he said as it was about £20 he could throw in some locks...I said i needed wobbly locks due to the PCD, and he said no problems (y)

Theres a result and a half, and some good customer service and promotion, which is prob the entire reason they do the offer :D

Don't know if the wobbly locks will be long enough, depends on which spacers, but if they are no good, I'm sure I can sell them on!

@J33VO - was good to meet you and Emma also, although it has given me a turbo cinq bug now :D

@balidey - they list them as suitable for a punto when using wobbly bolts, 100pcd. They however don't list them for Cento's, even with wobbly bolts.

Is gex a regular on here? I may PM him. Currently i have 10mm at front, none at the rear.

Here's a pic for those who aren't sure what they look like...my car is black, so should be very noticable!!

superturismowrc].gif

Cheers,

Kristian

//edit Cheers Custard :)

Cheers arc, that'll be great (y)

Now can anyone help with spiot rings....the wheels for the punto, on the oz racing site, say

CENTER BORE : 58,06

is that 58.06 aka 58.1mm?

Seems strange they make the fiat centre bore, but not the pcd, or do you think they will just be supplied with the correct spigot ring?

If you could check that as well arc ;) thatd be great :)

Kristian

Oh the fun i've had trying to fit these. Still not got them sorted properly. They are fine for a Cinq as they have flared out arches.

At the front i run the FIAT 10MM spacers that come with the Abarth wheels. These do catch on full lock so i change to some steel wheels if/when i have an MOT (car is longterm SORN'd atm)

At the back is where the real fun begins. I run 5mm hubcentric spacers. 3mm and the tyre hits the trailing arm, 10mm and the tyre hits the arch. This requires a few things to be changed. First the FIAT studs need to be replaced with longer ones, they are shorter at the back than they are at the front. Make sure you buy open ended nuts too, just makes things easier. I tuned my hubcentric spacers myself on a lathe. They holes were then drilled on a milling machine. To get 5mm spacers to fit with a hubcentric stub on them i had to grind (not very accurate) 3mm off the depth of the wheel bearing centre bore.

You could try 5/6mm generic spacers but if you have FIAT studs they won't fit over the hex head on them so the holes will have to be enlarged. Plus when i used non hubcentrics my brake pedal pulsed violently assif i had ABS.

As for spigot rings i was given some that fitted the wheels but i had to turn the internal diameter out a few mm to get them to the correct centre bore.

All in all an absolute ballache. Though i think 90% of the problem is that the rear end is dropped too far, can't get my index finger between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the arch even on level ground.

I recommend 175 tyres if you can find em, not lowering the rear end too much or buying a cinq :D

Hope this helps/makes sense

i am a huge fan of those whells, have had my eye on them for years even when i did not have a car! very nice choice!

Cheers for your lengthy reply Gex (y) evein if its not what i wanted to hear ;)

Certainly does sound a pain to get them on, and if I'd asked before I bought them I may not have bothered, but here I am, I have to make it work :D

I have the 10mm on the front, generic studs and nuts, so thats not an issue.

I can handle a reduced turnting circle, it can't be as bad as the 100hp Panda, thats shocking and emabarasing in tight spaces.

Any front scrubbing i can correct with lock reducers so mot won't be a problem.

At the rear, if they catch the arms, i may grind a small bit out, any rubbing on the arch liner can also be corrected with a cutting tool, to take bits out, and then remould it somehow ;)

I'm supprised how difficult it sounds! The rims are .5 inch wider, but the 14" wheels with 185/50's (to late, they are ordered) are only 5% larger diameter.

The major problem i see is the suspension, as its 50mm at the mo!!! I may need to drop some less extreme springs in there which will be a shame :(

What kind of drop is yours running on at the rear?!

I supopse the benefit for all these problems will be a certain amount of exclusivity :)

Don't tempt me with the cinq idea ;) The turbo i went in was great fun :D

KRistian

gexs sei runs a 40mm drop with ****ed dampers. the arches are flared slightly. sure there are photos of his car round here somewhere.. hang on..

haha only this one.. has an engine in the back, along with tents etc for stanford last year.. so its not actually this low.

Attachments

• DSCF0028.JPG
    DSCF0028.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 67
odd... I'm on 15x6.5 with 195/45R15 tyres and it's been relatively pain free. The rear arches have been rolled (well actually ground off & sealed :bang:), and 3mm spacers (ET35) and I get just light scrubbing on the inner arch when the car is loaded up. At front I've junked the arch liners & rolled the front arch, I've got fiat 10mm spacers but no studs (that's a pain). The only problem I have now is rubbing at full lock, this in on a mild 10 to 15mm drop though.

Back