Technical Juddering Qubo, any ideas what this problem could be?

Currently reading:
Technical Juddering Qubo, any ideas what this problem could be?

tazdog

I own a 2009 Qubo, 1.3 deisel Dual-logic, which I've had for 9 months with 4,800 miles currently on the clock. Three months after I purchased it, it started juddering in 2nd/3rd gear and losing power going up hill in the auto mode. Took vehicle back to dealership, they managed to experience the fault and cleaned the "air temperature pressure valve", for a couple of weeks I had no further prob's. However, it then started juddering and losing power in 5th/6th gear at a speed between 40 and 60mph, the problem is intermittent!!!
I took the car back to dealership in March, the Tech guy came on test drive, but typically the car was fine!! The dealership kept the car 24 hours, said it drove fine and no fault found!?!
Since then, the fault has occured several times, including on the motorway.
Basically I'm being told that I'm not driving the vehicle hard enough and that the fault is "Not dentrimental to the performance of the vehicle"?
I'm now banging my head against a brick wall trying to get this sorted. Has anyone else experienced this? Any Idea's?

Without teaching you to suck eggs - I had this problem when I started driving my 1.3 manual - the cause was me allowing the revs to drop below the 'magic' level that the car was happy with. I just adjusted my driving a little up the rev range.

How you'd do the same with the auto I don't know. Maybe that's what they mean by not driving it hard enough.

Good luck

You can try to spray some wd-40 or contact cleaner etc... on the two plugs of the engine ecu.

It has cured a few problems over on the panda forum mainly cutting out.

As above, what rpm is it happening at? also are you sure its engine related and not transmission. is it losing power or just road speed?

Thanks for the advice so far! Fiat tech tell me it does not have a DPF.
I don't know if the problem is engine or transmission related, I'm assuming engine as it's losing power?
I have not noticed the rpm, but will keep an eye out for this in future, although as the problem occurs between 40 and 60 mph I'm guessing the rpm would be variable?

I can't see how your driving can be to blame on a Dualogic. It shifts down a gear if revs drop below a certain level irrespective of whether you're in Manual, Auto or Auto+Economy. Sounds like a sensor problem.

Back