Technical Judder

Currently reading:
Technical Judder

yea my 60s does it but i dont mind any more, whenever it happens i simply depress the clutch about a cm and bring it back out and the juddering stops.

get used to doing this and you can do it really quickly therefore losing minimal is no speed and acceleration.

and he said to his himself, "wow! what was that thing, it went like a blurr. I wish I had a Punto".

---Clayton---

Yep, mine does this, but in contrast to many people who seem to have a genuine issue with the clutch/flywheel, it seems to be a matter of applying the correct clutch/power ratio - i.e. it only happens if I linger on the clutch pedal at around 1000 rpm. That said, I've not been happy with my Active 8v since I got it last month, and it is going to the dealer for the suspension squeak so thumbs down to Fiat.

FYI

Mk 2.5 Puntos (well at least the 1.2 8v) have problems with the clutch - it's almost a recall from fiat.

We had a very bad judder from the clutch when you started off , and it would do it most of the time. At the first service we asked the dealer to have a look at it, and he immediated said 'replacement clutch'

Since its been done the judder is gone and everything is as you woudl expect

Clutch or flywheel can cure the problem in some cases however the judder can return sometimes.Fiat are looking into it & are working on a solution which is why some dealers wont change them until a 100% solution is found,stalling tactic?

I did have a judder on my baby at one stage, turned out it was my ht leads bridging!! with them being mounted to the side of the engine instead on on a dizzy i had a very light tear in my htlead and it was sparking there!! I riped my engine apart and spent over £200 just finding it out!! And it turned out to be a £20 problem!!

T14086 said:
Clutch or flywheel can cure the problem in some cases however the judder can return sometimes.Fiat are looking into it & are working on a solution which is why some dealers wont change them until a 100% solution is found,stalling tactic?

Just had the clutch replaced on my 04 Sporting, when the dealer stripped it down, they said that the clutch plate was scored (it was sitting on 5000 miles, but hadn't been right since I got it new) and that they'd replace it on warranty. Got it back last Tuesday and - touch wood - it seems to have completely erradicated it. Much more fun to drive now. Just need to get the damn springs replaced to even out the stupidly bouncy ride now.

I had Clutch Judder on my Punto - its just had 12000 mile service and the dealer is replacing the clutch under warranty - blaming a batch of faulty clutches in a range of 'vin' numbers.

I just bought a 2000 W 1.2 ELX 8V (62k miles) and have the judders, usually at around 1500 to 2000 rpm regardless of what gear I'm in. At those rpm's as soon as I apply some throttle I start jumping down the road. There's just no power like in a car when the CAT has gone. The clutch seems to have enough travel on it to me so I would say that it's ready for changing yet, could it be the tappet problem? Who knows??? I'll be taking it in for a service shortly and see what they say. Any ideas anyone? I also think it's worst before getting properly warmed up.

Cheers.

I GET THIS JUDDERING IN MY CAR ASWELL ITS A PUNTO SPORTING 2001 WHEN I LEAVE THE ISLAND OR TRAFFIC LIGHTS THE JUDDERING IS QUITE SEVERE AND ITS NOT RIGH BUT I HAVENT BEEN TO FIAT AS I KNOW THEY WILL CHARGE ME THE MSOT RIDICULOUS PRICES SO IF U GUYS MANAGE TO FIND THE PROBLEM PLEASE PM ME AND LET ME KNOW MUCH APPRECIATED(n)

Mine has same problem. Last year it was really bad, had coil/leads changed it was better but not quite right. Being a 10 yr old car I dont expect it to be perfect but it is annoying at times, especially if I want to pull away reasonably quickly. Cars in garage at the minute for exhaust and that gurgling noise I was hearing (thinks its just water collecting over night, double checking to be sure) and when they were moving it they noticed the juddering. I know the mechanic and its been same garage whenever theres been a need so he took a look and reckons its something to do with the fuel management system. Unfortunately they cant do it at the garage so going to have to look for somewhere that does.

Back