General JTD Cambelt change 75k.. Should i ?????

Currently reading:
General JTD Cambelt change 75k.. Should i ?????

JDstilo

A few days ago i just became the proud owner of 2002 Stilo JTD 115 3DR and im lovin it already...just wanted to know tho because i checked through the service history and theres no word of a cambelt change or anythin similar to it... Now ive got the dilema, 75k should i or shouldnt worry and whens the most appropiate time to get it changed..???

Really appreciate any help. (y)

Did your stilo come with up to date Fiat service history, if so i'd give the dealer that did the last service a ring and ask if it was done.

If it's definately not been done then get it done ASAP.

From official Fiat Service schedule Cambelt is 5 years or 72K, whichever comes up first. My JTD will be 5 years old next service April '08 and have about 52k on the clock... I intend to have the cambelt changed then for piece of mind (y)

If you are feeling flush, get the water pump changed at the same time as I did. They will replace the coolant protecting you from the big freeze when it comes.

I never got a thanks for saving a bunch of Iraqi's from an American airstrike!!

He he..

Im kinda new to all this forum posting business, was just thanking everyone because they bothered atleast to reply :)

On ops in 1991. An E2 detected a bogus launch that was apparently an atmospheric anomoly. They sanctioned a drop and we quickly corrected the error thereby saving some border people.
Not very dramatic I agree, but in hindsight, we should have got a thanks.

On ops in 1991. An E2 detected a bogus launch that was apparently an atmospheric anomoly. They sanctioned a drop and we quickly corrected the error thereby saving some border people.
Not very dramatic I agree, but in hindsight, we should have got a thanks.
In that case I take my cap off to you :worship:

Anyone who saves lives should have every right to shout about it in my view (y)

Back