Job interview

Currently reading:
Job interview

as said when you called me ...... thats brill news, congrats from us all xxx

we will have to celebrate with a cake or two when we're up with you!

Good luck and, er, well done. One of my ex-pupils comes from Carlisle and is a Pharmacist. So what? you may ask. Well, about 2 years after she passed I came in contact with an irritant of some sort while dealing with a burnt out car and developed a rash. I went to the Doc's who gave me a prescription. I handed it in at my local Sainsbury's pharmacy and when I went back to collect it, who should be dispensing but my ex-pupil. I can't remember what the ointment was, but it can apparently be used to treat some form of sexually transmitted condition!!!

Bloody 'el you're lucky! That irritant is a form of acid which is released when the tyres are burnt. If we get it on our welders gauntlets when marshalling we're advised to throw them off immediatly as once it starts eating into the skin the only thing doctors can do is cut ahead of the burn :eek:

Didn't want to say good luck Helz as I didn't want to jinx your interview! Seems it worked (y)

Bloody 'el you're lucky! That irritant is a form of acid which is released when the tyres are burnt. If we get it on our welders gauntlets when marshalling we're advised to throw them off immediatly as once it starts eating into the skin the only thing doctors can do is cut ahead of the burn :eek:

Didn't want to say good luck Helz as I didn't want to jinx your interview! Seems it worked (y)

Thanks everyone for your wishes :D Now I have to tell work, that will be hard :(

LOL Mr Beard, I think I can narrow it down and what I would say is don't worry - it's more commonly prescribed for skin problems than STIs so I'm sure unless said pupil kew your reputation, she'll have guessed you were using it for some innocent purpose :devil:

i have some exams on friday for a position at the department for work and pensions. its better money that i used to be on and a position i really want, so fingers tightly crossed

Good luck (y) What kind of tests is it, psychometric stuff or knowledge-based?

they give you a passage about a randon topic, like nuclear power or the french economy, and then provide several statements. you must say if each statement is true or false or if there is not enough info to determine either way. lots of graphs and tables to play with too. the practice test is easy enough so i'm feeling confident.

Just caught this thread. Congratulations Helz. It's always nice to hear someone having a bit of success, especially in this current economical climate.

And good luck with your exams Jug. I hope you'll soon be free of the fortnightly job centre visits

so why you giving us some bull about a burnt out car then? we all know you cant catch it off one of them :p:devil:
I'll provide the petrol and the matches and I'll demonstrate (on your car, obviously)exactly how it happened. (LOL)

Yeah, I got a right bollocking for that one from my Inspector and big Thank You from the D.S. as I managed to get some evidence off the back seat before it burnt up completely. Afterwards the Inspector said that in theory I should have got a Divisional Commander's Commendation, but that it would encourage more people to take unnecessary risks. You go on health and Safety courses that tell you all about these things, but, when it comes down to it, you make a decision on the spur of the moment. It's no wonder really that we are going to have stricter rules on the disposal of cars, because when they burn, almost everything in them is harmful to one degree or another. I must admit though, if it burns through welders' gauntlets I think you're right, I was very lucky.

Thanks everyone for your wishes :D Now I have to tell work, that will be hard :(

LOL Mr Beard, I think I can narrow it down and what I would say is don't worry - it's more commonly prescribed for skin problems than STIs so I'm sure unless said pupil kew your reputation, she'll have guessed you were using it for some innocent purpose :devil:
When I realised it was her I tried to explain what had happened and dug myself an even bigger hole. After a while I realised her grin was getting bigger
and bigger. When I last saw her last week, the first words out of her mouth were: "And what kind of embarrassing skin condition cream can we get for you today Sir?" (Said in a Stage Whisper)

Back