Technical Jerking Uno Turbo Mk2 in the morning

Currently reading:
Technical Jerking Uno Turbo Mk2 in the morning

Gun_Metal_Grey

Hi guys

I have recently found my car suffering from missing firing like symptoms when I give it some in the morning. This does not occur on heavy revving buy only when in gear trying to accelerate. Its quite dangerous as I apply gas to manoeuvre out of a tight situation but the car make a "bbbbrrrrrbbbrrrrrbbbrrrrrrrbbrrr" like noise and car doesn't move! After a 10min run the problem goes away and car drives like a dream!

Thinking it could be moisture or dirt in the injectors?

Fuel pump not delivering sufficient fuel to the injectors?

Spark plugs, even though I changed three of them month previous and didn't resolve problem (snapped one when tightening up :eek:)

Distributor, but doesn't answer the fact the car can rev and start fine!

Has anyone experienced this prob before?

Might get me hands dirty today!

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
yeah i've had this exact problem, but ur just going to have to give me a while to think what i did to resolve it lol!!

Dunc

By the way mate I have got the exact same uno as you...colour and year!

Hi Gun_Metal_Grey,

I have very limited knowledge on the UT - sounds like an open Loop problem https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=2919&highlight=closed+loop.

maybe a faulty ECU sensor of a bad earth? - no promises - Ill look into it (porter manual) – Might also jog Dunk’s memory?

Kind regards,

PS A snapped plug sounds nasty - did you apply copper grease and use a torque wrench?

thanks...will give that a go.

On thinking again it could be a boost related problem cos the problem occurs on boost, could be a air leak. Air leaks tend to affect idling...which is not a prob.

MK2 g reg met green\blue are very rear...only seen two other ones b4 in london. It has done me ok...owned it for 7 years. Apart from stupid probs like this.

Last edited:
Your engine is over boosting. Have you fitted a bleed valve or been adjusting the wastegate actuator?...if you have you'll need to adjust the over boost sensor (it has a screw which pre loads the spring inside). Set it at approx 1 bar and you should still be safe (I ran mine at 1 bar for well over a year with no ill effects).

If you haven't been playing about with the boost, check the turbo wategate actuator pipe for any splits.

I unscrewed all pipes to the re-circulating valve and cleaned inside. I found some oil residue in some of the hoses to a t-section. I also found the breather pipe from the sump was filled with mayo type residue.

I also noticed the HT lead from the coil to the distributor was corroded. After putting everything back together I tested car from cold. The problem had disappeared. Not sure which was causing prob.

BTW guys, check all fuel pipes that run to the secondary fuel filter just above the air filter box. One of the pipes on my car spilt last week and fuel was spraying out everywhere, beware!

Back