Technical Jacking Points REAR

Currently reading:
Technical Jacking Points REAR

Can anyone suggest a safe place to jack up the rear Without placing the trolly jack under the box section where the drive shaft is? I have used the box section in the past but now realised it has slightly closed the box section to the point where my drive shaft joints are so close to the rubber coupling they are making a clicking noise as they rotate.
4F3035C8-7959-42B9-82ED-33DF3F0D9F90.jpeg

Attachments

• 8A57AF4E-01B8-41E1-878F-E99C92997097.jpeg
    8A57AF4E-01B8-41E1-878F-E99C92997097.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
Can anyone suggest a safe place to jack up the rear Without placing the trolly jack under the box section where the drive shaft is? I have used the box section in the past but now realised it has slightly closed the box section to the point where my drive shaft joints are so close to the rubber coupling they are making a clicking noise as they rotate.View attachment 410632
I always jack the rear of my 500 by putting the jack (or stands) under the part of the rear suspension arm that runs FORWARD to its pivot point on the body, and put the jack (or stand) just to the rear of the pivotpoint. If I am jacking the car up to put it on stands for long (ish) jobs, I jack it up on the jacking point in the centre of the rear cross-member.

Same as above!
Many thanks for the advise . Am I the only one that has jacked up the rear of the car from the box section that carries the drive shaft & closed this section up by approx 2 mm to the point the coupling running from the shaft touches the box section? I am going to drill up & through the box from underneath with a long bolt so as to open the section enough to stop the coupling touching it, if that makes sense! it only needs 2mm.🤞

Many thanks for the advise . Am I the only one that has jacked up the rear of the car from the box section that carries the drive shaft & closed this section up by approx 2 mm to the point the coupling running from the shaft touches the box section? I am going to drill up & through the box from underneath with a long bolt so as to open the section enough to stop the coupling touching it, if that makes sense! it only needs 2mm.🤞
Has anyone a photo of the the rear cross member ? just to confirm I am in the correct place

Has anyone a photo of the the rear cross member ? just to confirm I am in the correct place
I cannot reccomend that you drill through the box section---it would be better if you could somehow use a clamp 'backwards' to open up the box section. Another way would be to use a long 'joining' nut (from a builders merchant probably), screw the bolts in from both directions to enable you to insert it into the box section, and then 'undo' the bolts to force the box section apart.
With regard to the jacking point on the rear cross member----it is in the middle of the cross member and is a 'double-thickness' section.

Back