I've done it....

Currently reading:
I've done it....

Damn should of got a pic on the rolling road on saturday :eek:

Was bored for ten mins so made the pic :(

Where it made 166bhp at 5,500rpm in 4Th gear :D

So with NOS that makes it a 190bhp car not far until tha magic 200Mark....

Well i've done it again....

I'm cursed...

Driving to see Kirsty the engine decides it doesn't like the lovely fresh oil I put in that morning and decides to burn it off filling the cabin with oil smoke...

So end result is one broken car (yet to find out what's wrong) could be either the turbo or a seal somewhere or if i'm really lucky both :( and a car absoulutely covered in oil!

And a nice trip on an A-frame home.

J_Pics_16_.jpg

J_Pics_15_.jpg

Cheers... will be going out at lunch to hunt down a compression test and se if i can find out.. pain to get to the turbo in these though...

I have 19days before it's due on a stand :eek:

WTF?? How much oil did you put in there Jamie??? You may have over filled it, that has happened to someone i know before, what oil did you use??? Does the car start? turnover? or is it dead? When i blew my head gasket and turbo seals i had oil shoot through the exhaust and cover my entire rear windscreen. I think its the turbo/seals and possibly over filling the oil maybe. Let us know mate. Good luck in getting it sorted.

F R O $ T Y

jamie86 said:
Cheers... will be going out at lunch to hunt down a compression test and se if i can find out.. pain to get to the turbo in these though...

I have 19days before it's due on a stand :eek:

Hey Jamie,

Sorry to here about the car on Sat when you called, glad you got back ok with no more dramas.

Saw that Cinq we were talking about will be going for it next Sun all being well.

I'll see you Sat if your still going to rally day, otherwise I'll drop by when I'm up your way.

Aaron.

F R O S T Y said:
WTF?? How much oil did you put in there Jamie??? You may have over filled it, that has happened to someone i know before, what oil did you use??? Does the car start? turnover? or is it dead? When i blew my head gasket and turbo seals i had oil shoot through the exhaust and cover my entire rear windscreen. I think its the turbo/seals and possibly over filling the oil maybe. Let us know mate. Good luck in getting it sorted.

F R O $ T Y

Hey,

the oil was filled half way between mina nd max and I took the bottle with me in case I neede to top it up.. oil was Castrol RS10W60 as recommended by Aaron (J333EVO)

The car still runs I even managed to park it up.. although it has oil smoke from the zorst as well as from the dump valve and the Dipstick hole.. although it does not run properly as you can imagine...

J333EVO said:
Hey Jamie,

Sorry to here about the car on Sat when you called, glad you got back ok with no more dramas.

Saw that Cinq we were talking about will be going for it next Sun all being well.

I'll see you Sat if your still going to rally day, otherwise I'll drop by when I'm up your way.

Aaron.

Will hopefully still be there prob in the Black'Un though.. I'll give you a hout if I need to hide in your boot to get in :D

Cool sounds like it's all coming together for you and the person your buying it from ;)

It was all on te car when I bought it so not sure to be honest mate... pretty sure there's no reciept for it either but will have a look for you....

*UPDATE*

Well did a compression test last night....

No compression at all in Cylinder 1 even with a wet test and all other cylinders fine...

So worst case scenario piston has gone maybe the ring has scored the block as well... so more likely than not a replacement engine will be going in this weekend!

Will whip the head of tonight to see the total extent of the damage....

I generally don't like seeing oil draining out of bonnets like that, though if you can see it as a silver lining then great!

Though it does worry me you haven't heard it from a bloke "for a while" ;)

Back