I've done it....

Currently reading:
I've done it....

F R O S T Y said:
Welcome to the world of Uno Turbos mate hehe from what i know that car was at weston wheels last year and it has had loaaaaaaaads of engine work done to it already and does move, so i very much doubt it would need an engine rebuild for a long time to come at least. Anyway mate enjoy it cos your one of the lucky few such as myself and dunc to have such a unique car and look after her.

F R O $ T Y

Cheers mate,

The guy I bought it from told me what he'd been told has been done but there are no reciepts :bang:

Flowed head, hybrid turbo, forged pistons, pace cooler, full respray and a rebuild in 2002 iirc...

Although it is a bit smokey so need to investigate it tonight... but got it cheape enough not to be to bothered unless the whole engine is kaput! :)

BTW will be on the Wiltshirecruise stand at Weston this year if you're going?

Hey jamie,

the car looks grrreat from the pics, even the number plate looks like it ends in blow which to my eyes is a refernace to the turbo ;)

Always take a rolling road print out with a pinch of salt cos I've never seen one under read if you know what I mean, only a bench dyno gives a true figure and how many places have access to that, but it will still feel insanely fast compared to the Cinq, then you get used to it, and you want more, more, more :D

I really don't know why with that amount of power they have put a paddle clutch in as its really not needed as its too little to merit it unless the UNO clutch is particulary bad in standard form, but if you get it to action correctly good for future mods. Can be a real pain in traffic as it heats up and you get an on/off switch type feel to them, very easy to stall.

Check the smoke out as on a turbo car it can be a sign the turbo seels are going out as oil leaks past and burns off, so watch oil consumption as well.

Your about to enter the expensive world of turbo ownership, enjoy!

I'll get a shot soon, maybe "RALLY DAY" HINT HINT HINT, I'll be bringing the 'grale.

Aaron.

Was waiting for your comments :p

Cheers mate yeah the turbo is the one of the first things i'm checking...

Your right bout the clutch needs about 3000rpm to pull away smoothly! and reverse don't even ask! lol may put a normal one back in if it is knackered...

Well the R.R was at Circuit motors near Castle combe you may of heard of the place :p

Have text bout the tickets but yet to hear anything you coming on your own or you want 2 tickets?

jamie86 said:
Was waiting for your comments :p

Cheers mate yeah the turbo is the one of the first things i'm checking...

Your right bout the clutch needs about 3000rpm to pull away smoothly! and reverse don't even ask! lol may put a normal one back in if it is knackered...

Well the R.R was at Circuit motors near Castle combe you may of heard of the place :p

Have text bout the tickets but yet to hear anything you coming on your own or you want 2 tickets?

Tell you what mate I'll pay for the tickets as they are going fast and I need 3 so up to you if you want to make a quick buck off me, or I'll buy on line as theres a £2 discount if you do, txt me later let me know.

PS if you do get them mention the 'grale cos i think there is an area to park or something I the Lancai motor club have 25 spaces but I ain't a member yet, plus they're tickets are only £8.

A.

luke1985 said:
Nice, i am jelous :eek:
So what the damage insurance wise as i've always been curious :)

1700quid for a 18 year with one year as named driver...

All mod's that i know of declared ;)

Cheers to everyone else for the comments better than some :tosser: on other forums!

jamie, good choise my friend!

get ready to rent out ur arse tho as the spending never stop hehe!!

if it were me tho mate, ive seen this car in pics before and it either needs original black bumpers back on (which is what i'd do) or the arches and side skirts spraying red!

also, what boost was it running to make 163bhp? as it wouldnt make that on standard boost.

looks very smart, welcome to the mk2 G reg UT club, we now have two members :p

Dunc

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
jamie, good choise my friend!

get ready to rent out ur arse tho as the spending never stop hehe!!

if it were me tho mate, ive seen this car in pics before and it either needs original black bumpers back on (which is what i'd do) or the arches and side skirts spraying red!

also, what boost was it running to make 163bhp? as it wouldnt make that on standard boost.

looks very smart, welcome to the mk2 G reg UT club, we now have two members :p

Dunc

That was at 1bar all though the it was rolling roaded by the previous owners brother so you get the idea ;)

Yeah have a big overdraft ready.lol and selling all the other cars I have :eek:

Not sure on the bumpers etc yet.... will have to wait untill i sort the car out running right first....

Wohoo do we get stickers and t-shirts in this club?:D

jamie86 said:
I'll let you know how it fairs against my mum 20VT Coop ;)

With the weight/Power ratio, you may find you keep up with a standard coupe, to 60 at least. Let me know how you get on.

P.S will your mother be "racing" ? Makes me grin at the thought racing your mum !!

pinin__prestatyn said:
With the weight/Power ratio, you may find you keep up with a standard coupe, to 60 at least. Let me know how you get on.

P.S will your mother be "racing" ? Makes me grin at the thought racing your mum !!

Would be interesting..... my Mum drives faster than I do ;)

Back