Technical Isofix points

Currently reading:
Technical Isofix points

Clifton

Can anyone advise whether a 2010 grande punto should have isofix points and if so where in the rear seats they can be found?

Is potentially a deal breaker as to whether we buy one ... As have a baby seat that uses isofix.

ncap Safety rating says that they are not well identified... Impossible to to see with an untrained eye so hoping a that a current GP owner may be able to advise from experience.

Thanks in advance.

Clifton.

On my '09 you can just see them peeking out between the rear seat and its backrest. Run your hands along the gap and you'll feel them. If you look in the Downloads section you can find the manual for the GP, that should help set your mind at rest.

If it's that critical, make sure you take the seat with you to check the fit. Any seller (private or retail) should be happy to let you do that.

My 07 3dr has them.

Just in case you don't know what your looking for, they are just small metal loops.

Lol they're not impossible to see at all! In fact it's quite obvious. Surely if you have an isofix car seat you know what isofix hooks look like?

My 07 3dr also has them, and can confirm the Brittax safefix plus fits. Brittax do a universal fitment that fits most cars.

Turns out that the car did not have them... So not my eyesight after all... Bizarre on a 10 plate if you ask me... And hence why I sought some constructive advice. :bang:

I thought Isofix was standard in the base spec throughout the lifetime of the Grande range?

I thought Isofix was standard in the base spec throughout the lifetime of the Grande range?

So did i! It's a bloody standard feature on my mum's KIA picanto, which doesn't have ANYTHING!!! Lol!

I'd start looking again mate for one that does have ISOFIX, for me as a parent car safety is huge, plus you've already got an isofix car seat...

Good luck! (y)

Sounds like an s2 to me. You could get grande s2's registered in 2010

Are the later s2 grandes different from the earlier ones?

Are you sure about that? Thought the GP in s2 form was retired in 09 to make way for the Evo, but due to poor pickup the Evo was stopped in '12 to make way for what looks like the S2 again but with very subtle changes, just called 'Punto'. I still refer to it as Grande Punto though. :)

Are you sure about that? Thought the GP in s2 form was retired in 09 to make way for the Evo, but due to poor pickup the Evo was stopped in '12 to make way for what looks like the S2 again but with very subtle changes, just called 'Punto'. I still refer to it as Grande Punto though. :)

Any confusion is not helped by the fact that not all S2 GPs have the "Grande" badge, some just say Punto (depending upon trim level).

Any confusion is not helped by the fact that not all S2 GPs have the "Grande" badge, some just say Punto (depending upon trim level).

No aware of that myself, not sure why people are saying the current 'Punto' is like an S2.

S2 GP was facelifted into a Evo, and Punto is another face lift again of the Evo. They're the same car basically are they not :confused:

How do you mean? All grandes i have seen come with the grande style punto badge

Mine doesn't ('09 Active), it just has "Punto" and I've seen others on the road that are the same. And if you Google for images you'll find more that don't.

Mind you, Grande Punto became a trim level after mid-'08 (replaced Active Sport) so I don't know if there's a difference in the use of the badges at the same time.

No Grande punto actually has a badge that says 'Grande' does it? I've never seen one.

I'm sure that the Grande punto and punto evo ran side by side for a while (2010ish). I'm also certain that the later Grande puntos were slightly lower spec than the earlier cars as the production line was rationalized (they may even have come from a different factory as the European factory switched to the evo???).

Finally, I always thought the trim level gp did not stand for Grande punto. Otherwise you would drive a Grande punto Grande punto.

Last edited:
Back