Technical Clutch / biting point question.

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch / biting point question.

Lester8436

Hi all. I recently brought a used car for my girlfriend. Fiat grande 1.25 2007. The car has only done 50k miles.
The Clutch pedal is pretty soft with very little resistance when it’s pushed down. The biting point is about 1 inch from the floor but drives ell and doesn’t struggle to go into any gear (you just have to push the pedal to
The ground) is this normal for the car ?
Before posting have bled system with pressure bleeder and has made no difference. Can’t see any leaks anywhere and all looks in fairly good nick apart from the lever on the gearbox that looks a bit rusty.
Any help advice much appreciated. Thanks Lester

The fluid on there is drips from bleeding

Attachments

• CCAA12BB-B08F-45ED-BB16-4591071FCA26.jpeg
    CCAA12BB-B08F-45ED-BB16-4591071FCA26.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
Ok. So I decided to change master and slave cylinder as got both pretty cheap (went ok all apart from Scraped knuckles) Decided to try bleeding manual methods. I e pump pedal about 8 times or so foot to the floor then open bleed on slave. Did this about 20 -30 times every time a hiss of air. So either they are a nightmare to bleed. Or I have a leak somewhere?
Any suggestions appreciated

Well I did use a bleeder first but stopped after about 50ml of fluid came out. Should I continue longer ?

Back