Technical intermittent costant feed to starter solenoid

Currently reading:
Technical intermittent costant feed to starter solenoid

ady1970

guys , 2011 2.3 i have an intermitment constant feed to the starter solenoid when i start up , small wire stays live , had a new ignition switch , is there a relay hiding on this somewere that could be sticking , any ideas , anything stopping me making a new fused feed wire to solenoid with a push button ?

No there is nothing stopping you fitting your own push button for starter as described.
J

shudnt need to relay to do that ?do u know of a relay on the van to control starter i suspect relay or body control modile
I have studied the original thread on this problem, and understand the logic of changing the ignition switch.
I'm afraid that I suspect the wiring. Fiat do not typically use a relay for the starter solenoid.
I have studied eLearn diagam E5010 for the x250 which I think should be a close enough match for your vehicle.
There is no indication of a relay for the starter solenoid, also both the ECU, and the BCM are not involved.
I am wondering whether the problem is due to the "rusty junction" which can be a problem post 2006 vehicles.
My apologies if wrong, but my memory suggests that @Reg 65 has posted about the "rusty junction" problem, perhaps on another forum.
Again from memory not experience, there is an area below the LH headlamp where a wiring loom can chafe against a tubular member.
Probably worth a look as potentially less hassle than fitting and wiring a new separate push button.

Hi,
Its under the LH (nearside) headlamp on the X2/50 where the loom chafes on a smooth round tube. You wouldn't see it without removing the headlamp, and still probably wouldn't see it as wouldn't expect it to chafe on a smooth round tube. Problem is the loom rubs the paint off, traps water, rust forms making the part of the smooth round tube you can't see under the loom lke sandpaper - chafing through the insulation and doing all sorts of funny things to the electrics. Photos show mine and the tape and rubber hose I put over the loom to protect it.
Worth checking I think, even if it isn't the cause of your current problem.

Attachments

• X250ECUloomunderNSheadlight(1).jpg
    X250ECUloomunderNSheadlight(1).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 42
  • X250ECUloomunderNSheadlight(2).jpg
    X250ECUloomunderNSheadlight(2).jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 40
  • X250ECUloomunderNSheadlight(3).jpg
    X250ECUloomunderNSheadlight(3).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 39
Hi,
Its under the LH (nearside) headlamp on the X2/50 where the loom chafes on a smooth round tube. You wouldn't see it without removing the headlamp, and still probably wouldn't see it as wouldn't expect it to chafe on a smooth round tube. Problem is the loom rubs the paint off, traps water, rust forms making the part of the smooth round tube you can't see under the loom lke sandpaper - chafing through the insulation and doing all sorts of funny things to the electrics. Photos show mine and the tape and rubber hose I put over the loom to protect it.
Worth checking I think, even if it isn't the cause of your current problem.
cheers il have a gud look tomorrow

Back