General Insuring Modifications

Currently reading:
General Insuring Modifications

The younger modder said:
its still a con how much we pay and most people dont get satisfactory payouts if at all

i know a few instances to prove it

A lad had his car fully insured all mods declared and a stupid bint drove in the side of his car smacking it into a kerb denting driver rear quarter, arch, fancy lights and trashing passenger side alloy as it was smacked into the kerb other driver was uninsured and police helped her to get off with it even though she left the scene straight away and had to be traced the only way he could of got it sorted was to claim of his own insurance paying his excess to never get it back and have expensive insurance for years to come

another lad had a nice mini insured for a £1000 when wrote off one nite he tried to claim and was assed to be valued at £430 his excess was pathetic at £450 so he would of owed them £20 so he had to just sell it cheap for parts.

The first boy you know had real bad luck - he keeps to the law and some law breaking idiot gets him into hot water. Sod's Law isn't it?
Did the second boy had an agreed value policy? If he did then I would have thought that the Insurance Co. would have to honour the valuation. Also, I thought that you could get more money once an offer has been made for your written off car by showing them adverts from adtrader/freeads where the asking price for the car in the advert is higher than the price being offer by the insurance company for your car. (Assuming the two are similar spec, mileage, age and condition). That's what my parents did when our last car got stoloen and trashed.

Car insurance is expensive around me - my mate and I, when we started driving paid about £1 per engine cc for our TPFT policies. Also I would DEFINATELY insure any mods that you make - but I am a bit miffed as to why a company won't insure a K&N filter. The only mod done to my car (at the moment) is the ICE, but I'm covered for that as my policy allows any ICE up to the value of £500.

The second lad unfortunately didnt have a agreed value policy because the policy was just swapped over from his previos car which was twice as much but when asked for an actual value for the car on insurance he said it is definately worth £1000 and that is what is on the insurance certificate but it states in small print as with all insurance company that 'you will only be able to claim actual market value'

so whay do they let us put on the policy how much its worth or cost if there only going to insure it same as a ****y basic model thats never had money spent on it.

wouldnt mind but the money would have sold in miniworld mag easily for a grand no question

I would have thought that the value on the policy is a guide line when calculating depreciation etc. when agreeing a value.
Your friend should have shown the insurance co. some adverts in the back of miniworld/ mini magazine to prove that the offer was too low, like I said in my last post.

chaos said:
I would have thought that the value on the policy is a guide line when calculating depreciation etc. when agreeing a value.
Your friend should have shown the insurance co. some adverts in the back of miniworld/ mini magazine to prove that the offer was too low, like I said in my last post.

I tried that when I had my mini stolen but they wouldn't budge !!!

Back