General Advice needed: Insure Cinq sporting for 17 yo male

Currently reading:
General Advice needed: Insure Cinq sporting for 17 yo male

jharp

Hi, I know there are a few threads across the forums but nothing current on insuring a cinq or sei sporting for a new 17 yo male driver.

Any tips? I’ve looked at multi car (worked well for when he was on his provisional licence), and the comparison engines. Any good brokers people recommend?

Comes in around 1200 with a black box (Hastings Direct) or 1400 without.

Thanks in advance

JH

Hi JH,

I'm not sure there's 'a trick', as such, unless somebody-knows-someone, so to speak-

The comparison-websites are usually a very good way of rounding right down to the bottom line straight away.

You could try other variables like reducing the mileage, or where it is parked overnight- might be worth asking about additional security features; unless those are nullified by the presence of the black box.

What is involved in that? I've never heard of anyone actually getting one..

Don't forget not all insurers are on comparison sites. I'm not a young driver but have been very happy with Direct Line and they do have young driver and black box policies. Adrian S Flux (used them decades ago for classic car) and Chris Knott are brokers who support FF see the insurance forum.

Robert G8RPI

Sounds about right, to be honest.

Remember, the big, big risk isn't to your car - the big risk is that he ploughs into a bus stop queue of medical school students and disables them enough that they can't work as senior registrars on £250k salaries for 30 years of their lives!

you normally have to grin and bare it for the first year. after you get that 1 years no claims (assuming you dont have a claim) then the price drops dramatically.

i was paying about £1700 tpft on a fiesta 16 years ago. they didnt have black boxes back then though.

you normally have to grin and bare it for the first year. after you get that 1 years no claims (assuming you dont have a claim) then the price drops dramatically.

i was paying about £1700 tpft on a fiesta 16 years ago. they didnt have black boxes back then though.

Not allways these days my second year was £70 more then my first despite a years no claims

Not allways these days my second year was £70 more then my first despite a years no claims

im surprised about that. it does depend on ther things though. if the type of car you drive was involved in more claims last year or the age group you are now in has a higher claim rate that will push the premium up.

i find it strange as my cinq sporting is the most expensive car i have for insurance.
i have imported turbo cars with engine swaps that have lower premiums :confused:

Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

A good reminder about Direct Line not being on the comparison sites (as I missed that one) and Tesco come to think of it too (run by Direct Line but different underwriting, in case you didn’t know)

Adding myself did bring the premium down for my son, so I got that one.

Good shout out for Chris Knott - he’s on my call list - as is Adrian Flux.

Black box route would be interesting .... although not many hiding places on a cinq I feel.

Thanks again (and I welcome any other input)

Back