General Insurance with a remapped Stilo

Currently reading:
General Insurance with a remapped Stilo

Hi guys, i was wondering how much insurance premiums have gone up for people who have had their Stilo's remapped. I have a 1.6 Dynamic and was wondering what the average increase is on the insurance as this will determine if it is worth doing or not.

Cheers!

Adam

however you cannot be 100%.eg if your involved in a crash and the insurance are looking for a get out then they can get fiat to check the software.
given how popular remaps are nowadays in car tuning it may become more common.
not saying they will but i wouldnt be telling people 100% not to worry given its a performance increase

Wise words (y)

I'd say any accident where the costs rise to £100,000 plus then the insurance company would be looking for any reason not to pay out. Remember the police may impound the vehicle too.

It's a mistake to think people are stupid.

Depends on how big is the claims, I crashed my AXGT into a 306GTi, That was my fault, I tailgate the Bxxxxxxxxx because he cut infront of me, anyway, I drove into the back of his, mine was total, his damaged was around £1500, my insurance didn't even come round look at my car, they just paid the other party (my policy was only 3rd party only.) so they worked out it will cost them more than £1500 to do the inspection so they rather pay out and didnt even take my car away, I manged to sell it as spare!!!:devil: However, if I crashed into a £30k car or someone got hurt, I think the story be completly different. :idea:

however you cannot be 100%.eg if your involved in a crash and the insurance are looking for a get out then they can get fiat to check the software.
given how popular remaps are nowadays in car tuning it may become more common.
not saying they will but i wouldnt be telling people 100% not to worry given its a performance increase

The insurer has to show that the original map has been modified. As the original map doesn´t exist then a modification cannot be proven. Check the Angel website for better details but mine cost me another 64 quid for the disclosure.

I hope you learnt your lesson about driving like an idiot, road rage isn't worth it!

yea mate, I was 17 and been given that pocket rocket, I thought I am the best driver in the world and my car is capable to take on everything!!! :D
Spent 3 months on the bus until mum agreed to buy me another car, didn't get into any trouble sinced!!! (y)

Last edited:
3 months? My mum would have told me to buy one myself. If you have to work hard to pay for everything you have, you tend to appreciate things a little more.

Having said that, sometimes I still drive like Schumacher.

3 months? My mum would have told me to buy one myself. If you have to work hard to pay for everything you have, you tend to appreciate things a little more.

Having said that, sometimes I still drive like Schumacher.

the worst 3 months ever!!! not nice after haivng the joy of car for 6 months then have to get back to the bus!!! I was 17 and still in school, so mum paid for everything!!! I love my mum!!! (y) but i got a decent job now and just treated mum and dad a holiday in Rome, so it is pay back time I think. :eek:
yes, I was stupid and I'm sure we all done it when we were young!!! But believe it or not, I think I drive faster than I used to be but safer, dont know how it works, but I believe so.

Back