Technical Insufficient Oil Pressure Warning Message

Currently reading:
Technical Insufficient Oil Pressure Warning Message

I only get this if from from a cold start I start the engine without the low fuel light going out and the engine turns over without starting turn key to off turn till all power is on and fuel light goes out then start engine

Hello all,

On Friday I collected a black 58 plate Bravo 1.6 Multijet Dynamic Eco 105 and I absolutely love it. However, I have noticed something that I thought I'd ask about. Whenever I fire it up from cold, a message pops up accompanied with a beep in the multifunction display screen saying "insufficient engine oil pressure" then "switch off engine" or words to that effect. It only says this once for about a second, then it disappears as if nothing was ever shown. It only happens when the car has been standing a few hours, it starts up without issue otherwise.

The car drives without a hint of bother, it doesn't feel rough, there's no warning lights and nothing seems untoward. I've checked the oil and it's just below the max (it was last serviced in April according to the history at 47k, its done 55k now), so that probably rules low oil level out. The car is under a months warranty so I'll speak to the dealer I bought it from asap, but I just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what could be wrong with it?

Regards,
Kieran
Hi its your oil pressure sensor, it drains back overnight, just replace it
Regards Dave

Hello all,

On Friday I collected a black 58 plate Bravo 1.6 Multijet Dynamic Eco 105 and I absolutely love it. However, I have noticed something that I thought I'd ask about. Whenever I fire it up from cold, a message pops up accompanied with a beep in the multifunction display screen saying "insufficient engine oil pressure" then "switch off engine" or words to that effect. It only says this once for about a second, then it disappears as if nothing was ever shown. It only happens when the car has been standing a few hours, it starts up without issue otherwise.

The car drives without a hint of bother, it doesn't feel rough, there's no warning lights and nothing seems untoward. I've checked the oil and it's just below the max (it was last serviced in April according to the history at 47k, its done 55k now), so that probably rules low oil level out. The car is under a months warranty so I'll speak to the dealer I bought it from asap, but I just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what could be wrong with it?

Regards,
Kieran
Have you checked the oil level?

My 1.3 multijet said the same was the previous services that were not done with the dpf and oil reset and the car i think it was consuming more oil , i did a new service with multiecuscan resets and is now fine ever since been 3k kms done already and no messages hope it helps

I have the same problem and i have done a oil change twice since I have the problem but it didnt help. I have the problem for year and a half and everything is working perfectly with my car. I have 300k on my car and have removed the DPF and the EGR so I think it cant be nothing related with that.

I have the same problem and i have done a oil change twice since I have the problem but it didnt help. I have the problem for year and a half and everything is working perfectly with my car. I have 300k on my car and have removed the DPF and the EGR so I think it cant be nothing related with that.
Have you electronic removed it?

Back