Styling Instruments hard to read, gearknob and rims

Currently reading:
Styling Instruments hard to read, gearknob and rims

MarkRacoon

...& the Stormtrooper!
Hi FF,

Is it possible to change the instruments (speedometer, rev, fuel and temp).. I have a tjet150 sport... with the almost white discs... inbetween mid day sun and night time - the dials are really difficult to read... any FIAT ones or other?

...also - how hard is it to remove the gear knob and attach another one like a MOMO one for example ? and how?

... and finally.. which rims 18" or 19" have you found that would fit the sport 150 tjet?

:rolleyes:

cheers

Hi FF,

Is it possible to change the instruments (speedometer, rev, fuel and temp).. I have a tjet150 sport... with the almost white discs... inbetween mid day sun and night time - the dials are really difficult to read... any FIAT ones or other?

For this reason, newer versions have gray instruments.

Attachments

• 61704_DSC02775_122_513lo.jpg
    61704_DSC02775_122_513lo.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 112
Ill try that... (thanx)

Anybody got any experience with changing the gear knob?

18"'s or 19"'s for the Bravo? - Ihave the fiat 18" but I am contemplating finding some 18 or 19" black ones that have a lower ET to push them out towards the arches a bit more ... ET 30 or 25?!

Cheers

Ill try that... (thanx)

Anybody got any experience with changing the gear knob?

18"'s or 19"'s for the Bravo? - Ihave the fiat 18" but I am contemplating finding some 18 or 19" black ones that have a lower ET to push them out towards the arches a bit more ... ET 30 or 25?!

Cheers

I have also noticed that the wheels need to be pushed outwards a bit and was considering 10mm wheel spacers from eibach they are hub centric so should be safe

Ours has white dials (delievered Oct 07). I cant read them in many conditions! (They may be slightly grey but certainly not as dark as those pictured above)

went to the dealer today... and asked for the grey ones to replace the almost white ones in my sport...... :eek: around 400£ .... they said that it wasnt a matter of just changing the discs - the whole instrument unit would be changed and data transferred from the "old" one..... :bang: I guess i just have to squint my eyes some more to be able to read the dials....GRRRRR ...dont think its really smart spending too much time looking at dials compared to the road!

:cry:

no, because in bright sunny conditions, the dash lights turn off, even if the lights are on

that would seriously annoy me.

my alfa is the other way round, the instruments remain illuminated even with the lights off.

one day soon all these things will be adjustable using the on-board computer.

Turns out mine are the "white" dials with the black writing.

I always have my sidelights on (invisible black car effect) so can't say I often have the problem. Plus I don't usually need to look down there, what's going on outside the big glass part is more of a concern :)

Its not the little "igloo" thingy in the window... according to the manual the light sensor is placed inside the Tachometer (RPM gauge) and measures the level of light inside the cabin... guess i dont want to block the RPM gauge :/

Back