General Fiat bravo 1.6 multijet hard into gear

Currently reading:
General Fiat bravo 1.6 multijet hard into gear

2shae

Hello fellas. I am here for some advises about my bravo. Problem is that sometimes goes very hard into gear (no matter which). When i double clutch, it usually shift in. Cables are ok and they are not sticking, flywheel and clutch works fine (was installed new few years ago).
Funny is that car does this completely random. It worked fine few weeks ago, now started causing me a problems.
It has to do something with oil? When i replaced oil with new one, around 500 km gears were also sticky..but then it was ok.
Now i am running 75w80 Total oil inside.
Please help
I have c530 tranny.

Ok..i know that...but no problems with clutch. It releases normally, no slipping, no noises. Also problem is more often in 3 and 4 gear.

I installed new DMF, clutch, master cylinder (push bearing - not sure of correct term) and slave cylinder.
My clutch pedal is hitting the rod behind it (slave cylinder) and gear change is exactly how you have described.
I'll go in two days in the garage which did the repair, they say it might have been the air in the system. Other possibility is bad pedal (connection of it with the cylinder).
I suspect that they don't have a clue... They don't oblige to Fiat procedures, so it'll be a sad and long journey.

It was gear oil. Running 75w80 Total caused me that problems. Swapped to Motul 75w90 no issues so far. Shifts smooth as butter.

It was gear oil. Running 75w80 Total caused me that problems. Swapped to Motul 75w90 no issues so far. Shifts smooth as butter.
Good to know!
I have new oil since two years ago, it is TUTELA CAR TECHNYX, it was mandatory, as they said, as the gearbox has copper synchro rings. So, I'll ask at the service about it again.

Good to know!
I have new oil since two years ago, it is TUTELA CAR TECHNYX, it was mandatory, as they said, as the gearbox has copper synchro rings. So, I'll ask at the service about it again.
I think that Motul Motylgear 75w90 is oil above all other. It is expensive but very good. Also meets fiat standards. I have old e46 m3 and you cant put any oil in tranny and works as charm. Didnt know that oil can make such a big difference.
Dunno...i do not trust those italian "prescribed" oil. Selenia is the worst oil i ever put in my car. From now on only motul and mannol.

Back