Technical Instrumental panel / dashboard bulbs

Currently reading:
Technical Instrumental panel / dashboard bulbs

Mamdouh

Hello everyone ,

When I wanted to change the instrumental panel or dashboard bulbs ,I found an blocked 🚫 bulb base labeled ABS aside ( connected terminals and not possible to have bulb ) and there are another hole for bulb base but missing the bulb base and labeled aside Airbag,
Ist it normal or this is for deactivating Airbag???
FYI I had accident last year but Airbag did not open,
Photos attached

Also is it ok to add LED bulbs? I know positive and negative is not clear so I have to work on try every direction to get the correct position .
Any reply is highly appreciated

Thanks
Mamdouh

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 8.02.16 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 8.02.16 PM.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 71
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 8.02.17 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 8.02.17 PM.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 39
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 8.02.18 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 8.02.18 PM.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 37
If you got original setup, leave the blank/airbag/abs as is, that is normal.
Led bulbs don't work too well as the lights are meant to shine to sides and small ones usually only point straight, there are light pipes going to the sides.

If you got original setup, leave the blank/airbag/abs as is, that is normal.
Led bulbs don't work too well as the lights are meant to shine to sides and small ones usually only point straight, there are light pipes going to the sides.
thank you Neverth, yes it is the original and I would not touch any of Airbag or ABS while I don't have Abs,

Do you comment for airbag that did not activate in last year accident , no airbag fault / error, it is 2001 and no developed maintenance for airbag up to date.
Thank you again in advance

Is there a passenger airbag? If yes someone might have bypassed the airbag as they fail. Or if the heater matrix leaked as it ends up on the airbag ECU.
Single driver airbags usually last as they don't have the seat sensors.
No idea on the reliability on long term.
As for accident, depends on the hit, airbags are not meant to deploy on small bumps and need a real hit to trigger atleast on older ones.

Is there a passenger airbag? If yes someone might have bypassed the airbag as they fail. Or if the heater matrix leaked as it ends up on the airbag ECU.
Single driver airbags usually last as they don't have the seat sensors.
No idea on the reliability on long term.
As for accident, depends on the hit, airbags are not meant to deploy on small bumps and need a real hit to trigger atleast on older ones.
Thank you Neverth, you are great man to reply all of us :) Appreciated.
It is single driver airbag, seat sensor is connected ,
I'm wondering if Marea SRS has no front sensors behind the headlight.

Back