Technical Installing Cinquecento seatbelts into a Seicento

Currently reading:
Technical Installing Cinquecento seatbelts into a Seicento

Hi all,

I really like the red seatbelts from the Cinquecento and I want to buy a set and install them on my Seicento Sporting. Can anyone tell me if this would be easy to do / worth the time?

Thanks,
Wheeless

Being that the Sei was an update to the Cinq, in theory I'd expect similar mounting points. It is also likely that the buckle will be the same.

Several things to check.
On the Sei, does it have pre-tensioners at the buckle. I wouldn't expect the Cinq to have them. If so, you'd need to retain the Sei buckles. So put the Sei and Cinq belts together and check that the buckle tangs on the belts are the same. Shape, and thickness.
Now you'll need to check that the mountings are the same, the top one will be no problem, but the reel mounting needs checking carefully.

If all that seems ok, you now have to ask if you really want to use old second-hand seatbelts.

Being that the Sei was an update to the Cinq, in theory I'd expect similar mounting points. It is also likely that the buckle will be the same.
Yeah, I thought that seeing the other similarities between the car there would also be some similarities between the seatbelts which should make things a bit easier!

Several things to check.
On the Sei, does it have pre-tensioners at the buckle. I wouldn't expect the Cinq to have them. If so, you'd need to retain the Sei buckles. So put the Sei and Cinq belts together and check that the buckle tangs on the belts are the same. Shape, and thickness.
Now you'll need to check that the mountings are the same, the top one will be no problem, but the reel mounting needs checking carefully.
Will give all that a check tomorrow in the light. Thank you!

If all that seems ok, you now have to ask if you really want to use old second-hand seatbelts.
Well, the belts on the car at the moment are 15-year-old, second-hand seatbelts so I don't think there's too much to worry about. After seeing the crash tests, I don't think that seatbelts will make much of a difference if I'm in a bad crash anyway! :yuck:

i believe they are the same between cinqs and early sei's at very least. i "Think" my black seatbelts are sei sporting ones in my cinq, i have a set of reds in the garage to i'll try and compare numbers etc to find out :)

for a brief time (about 2 weeks) I ran a set of seat belts out of a Sei (black ones) in my Cinq and they bolted straight in but the red ones went back in after I had had them cleaned lol.

for a brief time (about 2 weeks) I ran a set of seat belts out of a Sei (black ones) in my Cinq and they bolted straight in but the red ones went back in after I had had them cleaned lol.

Thanks. Looks like I'll get some read seat belts then! Were you able to easily switch both the front and back seat belts?

Thanks. Looks like I'll get some read seat belts then! Were you able to easily switch both the front and back seat belts?

From what I remember yes, my friend fitted the rears while I fitted the fronts, but from what I remember they were a straight bolt in fit, I never heard him complain anyway lol.

From what I remember yes, my friend fitted the rears while I fitted the fronts, but from what I remember they were a straight bolt in fit, I never heard him complain anyway lol.

How much did you pay for them? I've seen some go for £30 a set and some for £30 each, I'm considering just getting some off a car being broken for spares. Did it affect your insurance at all (if you declared it)?

well I had a Cinq Sporting which had the red belts as standard but mine were really dirty so I took them out and fitted the black ones while I cleaned my red ones, I borrowed them off a friend and he told me they came out of his 2000 Seicento which he had broke a few weeks earlier, I then re-fitted my red ones after about 2 weeks.

Cento Painter was selling a set for a bout 35 posted in really good condition. They'll defo fit but later seis do come with proper pretensioner at least the 02 plate that I broke recently did but if yours has had replacement belts then I don't think there would be an issue but if there is preto isomers fitted then they do need to stay for safety. I do have a complete set of red seatbelts that I might part with pm me if interested not sure on condition.

Last edited:
I fitted my 98 red Cinq seat belts into my 2000 Sei, as my seats are black and red.
The sei has pre tensioners and the cinq doesnt, just make sure you keep all the fittings including the thin nylon washers.
All the mounting holes are the same.

How much did you pay for them? I've seen some go for £30 a set and some for £30 each, I'm considering just getting some off a car being broken for spares. Did it affect your insurance at all (if you declared it)?

Know the history of the donor car. Belts from one being scrapped due to age is ok, from a crashed car, not so good. They are designed to be used once, so any from a crashed car will be "pre-stretched" and will not protect you properly.

My seatbelts arrived yesterday and they were a bit grubby (I knew they would be, The Black Box sent me pictures of them before I bought them) but after some liberal application of brake cleaner, upholstery cleaner and then a Karcher pressurised water gun, they are looking as good as new!

Here's a before/after Karcher shot:
7gxe2qm.jpg

Back