Technical Installing Cinquecento seatbelts into a Seicento

Currently reading:
Technical Installing Cinquecento seatbelts into a Seicento

It's fine, doesn't damage the nylon and really helps get the grime and grease out

What evidence have you got to back that up.

Seatbelts are a vital safety feature. Personally I would not put anything harsher than soap and water on a seatbelt, some chemicals is solvent cleaners can do funky things to some materials.

Seatbelts are a vital safety feature. Personally I would not put anything harsher than soap and water on a seatbelt, some chemicals is solvent cleaners can do funky things to some materials.

Agreed. Harsh chemicals on seatbelts is a very bad idea. If it has done any harm you'll probably only find out when they let go in a collision.

It's solvent-free brake cleaner used to remove grime from a multitude of surfaces, and it has no adverse effects on nylon or other plastics.

Your entitled to put what ever you want on your seatbelt, I was just stating that personally, I would not.

I would like to stand corrected, but I don't believe there is any such thing as solvent free brake cleaner what make is the one you use

Your entitled to put what ever you want on your seatbelt, I was just stating that personally, I would not.

I would like to stand corrected, but I don't believe there is any such thing as solvent free brake cleaner what make is the one you use

Can't remember the make at the moment as the can is at my grandparents house, however I did some research on it for safety research and it doesn't contain trichloroethane which is the solvent usually found in brake cleaners

Got the seatbelts and buckles installed in the back seats! The front seats have mechanical pretensioners connected onto the seatbelt reel housing, so to save any cocking about with the pretensioners I'm just going to switch the reel over from the red belts and place it into the black belt housing.

kxrNk2F.jpg

Back