Technical Injector Light

Currently reading:
Technical Injector Light

Hi, recently ive had alot of work done to my engine and have had lots of problems. The last problem was a broken spark plug which has been fixed, but since then the engine would start to hesitate a bit around 3.5k - 4k rpm and the rev counter would go crazy. Started it up today and started driving and the injector light has come on, and I can't open the throttle too much else the engine starts to slow and lose power. If I open the throttle fully it just cuts out. Any idea's what this could be?

We've swapped the injectors with another set i had and theres no difference. We also disconnnected the lambda sensor but with no effect. The cars a 1.2 MK1 60_S, the rev counter was fitted by myself as they don't come with one.
Thanks

I was going to say it maybe because of poor fueling but thats was the 16v Problem. Could be the Coil Pack where the HT Leads go into.

well we replaced them not long ago too cause we though they were the problem but there fine, but I have some more info for you guys now. Theres only one problem left. Last night I broke down - the injector itself had come loose :confused: but anyway the RAC came out and fixed it for me and we took the car off the road, were he had a look around to try and solve the other problem. He found that some wiring had come loose and tightened it up which has fixed the rev counter going crazy. There is now only one problem left with the car which is when you press the accelorator too much the engine bogs down and doswn't rev and if you press it too much you'll stall it, but press it lightly and it rev's - which is how im currently having to drive. The injector unit has been changed to no effect, there was no change when we disconnected the lambda and the RAC guy thinks its something to do the the air/fuel delivery or a part of that kinda side. Any help would be brilliant guys n gals.
Thanks

on the fuel side of things, id check the filter first, if that model has one, its a cylinder to the right of the o/s rear wheel, not hard to spot, then run some fuel cleaner through, just as a precaution, after that id look at the pump, throttle sensor, air temp sensor and manifold pressure sensor, also check for air leaks from vacuum system, on the fuel pump side of things, id just check for pipes being secure

Cheers guys ill have a look now - not sure where to fine the manifold sensor tho, is that the one thats got a light blue connector on it? thanks

we've had a look at the sensors and such around the throttle body and that but can't really tell if anything wrong, the car cut out when we disconnected the throttle position sensor - how can we tell if its working correctly? It feels like its probly something simply thats just gone pop as it was working yesterday morning and just stopped working mid-way while driving. Thanks

A little thing i forgot to add is that if you dont touch the throttle for a while or bearly press it at all, the warning light goes off as if the engine thinks all is good again. Hope this helps

Bringing this post back from the past - I still have the above problem. We've changed the fuel filter but no difference. Ive also put some injector cleaner through the system but again no change. Please any idea's would be great I need the car to work properly. Thanks all

Hello sorry to bump this thread but i am also having the same problem with my 1997 fiat punto 55 s and i dont know anything about cars but the i looked in my handbook an found out what the light (thats coming on) means it says injection system malfunction and i dont know how i would go about fixing it so any help would be great what happens is the car just looses power and makes a weird noise if i press the accelerator too much also the car feels like it is shacking and when i got it to my aunties house yesterday i had a look underneath and the exhaust was glowing red in the middle of the car any help? thx

Back