Technical Injector light headache 1.6 cabrio

Currently reading:
Technical Injector light headache 1.6 cabrio

rsrocha

Been scratching my head for a few weeks because the problem is as follows on a 1.6 cabrio:

Engine starts normally hot or cold, rides normally, no misfires.
If I start the car and give some revs when stopped, the injector light doesn't come on. If I start driving slowly at low revs, below 2k, injector light also does not come on. If I drive normally the injector light comes on with no pattern that I can find for it to trigger.

Replaced crank sensor, TPS, MAP sensor, Intake temperature sensor and idle control valve. Injector light still comes on when driving.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Hi ,

Yes lots of ideas.

The only idea worth starting with is reading the code from the engine ecu that is causing the mil light to come on.

Multi ecu scan software is very good for flats you will need a computer, compatable interface and an adapter lead.
Free version of multi ecu scan should be enough.

Hi ,

Yes lots of ideas.

The only idea worth starting with is reading the code from the engine ecu that is causing the mil light to come on.

Multi ecu scan software is very good for flats you will need a computer, compatable interface and an adapter lead.
Free version of multi ecu scan should be enough.
not true for the 1.6 sadly.
to date only way i have known works to get codes off these is an old fiat examiner, pretty rare and overly expensive for a mostly useless bit of kit if you do find one for sale (think there is, or was recently, one on ebay though). There might be a way to make it do a blink test, like when you get the EML to flash out a code but i have not found a way before, its not the same as a GT which is how you get codes from them.

@rsrocha being that it (as far as i know) isnt possible to get the codes you can only make a few assumptions. whatever it is doesnt make a permanent light come on so it must be intermittent.. so you need to be checking wiring to sensors as well as sensors. Pulling the spark plugs and having a look what they look like is going to give the best idea how the engine is running, rich, lean, ok. Whether they all look the same. So start there.

You could clean the fuel filter, located inside the tank, in front of the fuel pump.
What kind of engine is that, petrol or diesel?

Back