General Inbuilt satnav specifically for the 500

Currently reading:
General Inbuilt satnav specifically for the 500

RUI

Get Your Own Tile
I have just found this on ebay, Shame it is just a photoshop. I have emailed the seller asking for actual photos of it and not photoshop rendering but have not had anything back yet.
I have not put a link up for it yet as it looks like it may be a scam but you never know
They have it priced at 500 euro if it were real I would buy it.

nav.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, it looks pretty impressive. Just a thought, when you sent your enquiry, did you send an enquiry request in English or Italian? Obviously I don't know if you are fluent in Italian, but I now use Google Translate (other translation services are obviously available!) to send enquiries to sellers such as this because I find I usually get a response. It's only a thought and might be worth trying if you get nothing back.

I sent it in English...I buy thousands of pounds worth of stuff from Italian companies a year for my business and they all speak english. having said that this one may not. I will give it a a couple of days and if they don't get back I will ask an Italian friend to email them on my behalf.

Interesting. Nice looking head unit. I'd be curious to see one in action, know how well it interfaces with Blue&Me buttons etc.

I have tracked down a Chinese company selling these and have sent them an email requesting more info and a price.

Interesting. Nice looking head unit. I'd be curious to see one in action, know how well it interfaces with Blue&Me buttons etc.

I have a reserved a B&Me Tom Tom Live 2 for the integration that it has (or should have) with the B&Me in the 'new car'. Despite liking the looks for that 'Inbuild satnav' I would want to reassured that 'it does what is says on the tin'. Driving around in circles when the Sat Nav is out of date or incorrect can be very frustrating.

It is taken straight from the eBay listing. I did not notice.... Good old virgin media 100meg connection.

that photo is very different. it is just a double din adaptor, they have been around for a year or 2

It is taken straight from the eBay listing. I did not notice.... Good old virgin media 100meg connection.

Mine's 30mb (soon to be 60, thanks Virgin!) and it still took a long time!

Damn you all lol virgin doesn't even have plans to come to fleetwood closest they got was bispham and thats only because blackpool and fylde college is in bispham. Im stuck on a 15mb adsl connection most of the time averaging around 11-12mb and my mate in thornton is rocking a 2mb adsl connection lol.

I have just found another version of this...again it is very new and I don't think anyone has it fitted in a car yet but give it a month and I am sure someone will have one.
20110210170136-01.jpg

I have just found another version of this...again it is very new and I don't think anyone has it fitted in a car yet but give it a month and I am sure someone will have one.
20110210170136-01.jpg

Is it the Chinese who are driving these developments ?
After watching Top Gear last Sunday (Click here) on how they 'copied' the MINI it would be hard to imagine what a 500 would look like if they had a go at it. Program mentioned that the Chinese are into gadgets and must have them in the car for them to sell. It appeared to give it a higher ranking than even the safety rating of their cars.

Yes they are both made by Chinese companies.

20110210170136-01.jpg
can you buy these units

Back