Technical in a week?

Currently reading:
Technical in a week?

right, ive got 3 mates who are starting or planning to do engine conversion into thier clio's and mini's.

ok so im feeling left out, so i think its time for at punto 60 engine to be put in the bad boy. now im a complete novice so how long do you think it would take me?

and does anybody no of any guides i could kind of follow?

also ive got a budget of around £300.

thanks alot kris:D

Well it can be done, although just the engine for that money. Although I do not undrestimate the importance of good brakes/suspension.

Please remember its only 5 bhp and a 10-15% increase in torque.

However I have seen a good 1108 in standard trim (mpi) make 58.9bhp on the rollers and I have seen a bad once struggle to make 52, the same applies to the 60.

Do you have a GSR induction kit this will give you roughly the same boost as the above without the hassle?

If for sure you want an engine conversion, its pretty much a straight swap apart from an exhaust spacer.

But consider the cost of oil, antifreeze, cambelt, thermostat, possible head gasket (worth doing imo), leads/plugs maybe more on top of the engine, it could be done for 300, but do not underestimate the importance of a good quality job.

You can always lower the car after as springs are not too expencive and the power would not be so much more.

Good luck.

note you can use an SPI exhaust manifold on an MPI if you have spacing problems... or get a CSC Sei manifold as that's SPI style. Yes that's OT really but it's useful info for other people ;)

Back