Technical immobiliser

Currently reading:
Technical immobiliser

Does anyone know definitely what the immobiliser shuts off when it activates ?
does it shut the coil and fuel pump or just the fuel pump or some other component .

I appreciate the need to understand this stuff if you have a problem but this sort of information isn't really appropriate for a public forum, Is it would allow the reader to circumvent the factory installed immobaliser system, not everybodies intentions are honorable.

Have a search on the forum you might find what you're after, but it wouldn't be a great idea to tell you

I appreciate the need to understand this stuff if you have a problem but this sort of information isn't really appropriate for a public forum, Is it would allow the reader to circumvent the factory installed immobaliser system, not everybodies intentions are honorable.

Have a search on the forum you might find what you're after, but it wouldn't be a great idea to tell you

While I see what your trying to say Andy knowing what the immobiliser deactivates won't enable it's bypass as its within the ECU.

As a result OP I'm happy saying that it's just the fuel pump it cuts off as far as I'm aware (y)

Really ? all i want to know is with the troubles i have i now have no spark but fuel is pumping and in the absence of a reliable dash the fact "code" isnt flashing is no help .
also lets have a sense of reality here we are talking about a v reg bloody punto .. not top of the car thief's list

Really ? all i want to know is with the troubles i have i now have no spark but fuel is pumping and in the absence of a reliable dash the fact "code" isnt flashing is no help .
also lets have a sense of reality here we are talking about a v reg bloody punto .. not top of the car thief's list

you still havent told us what car this is though have you
so i for one assume its a stolen car
i had a car stolen last year in the night from work it was hiabed away

So the OPs motor isn't running, but is suspected stolen meaning that they've gone through the trouble of either towing it away from the scene of crime or loading it onto a low loader. As mentioned by the OP it's over a decade old so :ROFLMAO: at the idea it's probably stolen.

I have told you three times fella , i will tell you a fourth now
its a V reg 16 valve sporting . i can send you the ebay link if you want . it has no abs it does have the sped sender on the gearbox .
Now as i say i have fuel pumping but no spark .. is this immobiliser or not

So the OPs motor isn't running, but is suspected stolen meaning that they've gone through the trouble of either towing it away from the scene of crime or loading it onto a low loader. As mentioned by the OP it's over a decade old so :ROFLMAO: at the idea it's probably stolen.

im glad you find it funny
we had 3 cars stolen and i assumed weighed in at €200 a tonne at the time,i had the waggon used on camera ive looked out for this vehicle since and its never been back in my area (it had a specific rear window and the number plate although unreadable because it was pitch dark and early morning was in a place unusual for this type of recovery hiab type vehicle)
so £600 taken

yellow peril im sure your car is legit so you need to go through all the basics like crank sensor etc to ascertain why it fuels but not sparks
no i don t think its the immobilisor and ive told you from day one fit the proper speedo head before you damage the bsi unless you have already

ive really tried to help you all along

No.

Is it getting fuel past the injectors?

If it isn't and no spark, it can only be the TDC sensor, your unreliable friend.

TBH i havent checked at the injectors i just pulled the pipe off before the injectors and turned the ignition on .. big squirt of petrol so thought pump is working and fuel is in the tank lol .
it just is an added complication with this bsi problem at the moment and a flat battery .
but thank you for a sensible reply :worship:

Show us the eBay link anyway it might help.

With fuel pumping and no code light it is save to say its not your immobaliser (unless the immobaliser its self is completely buggered) either way knowing what the immobaliser controls or not in this case won't help you.m

Your car might seem of little value but seeing as every punto on this forum uses the same system many members have more valuable models, and in any case theives don't always steal for profit

yellow peril im sure your car is legit so you need to go through all the basics like crank sensor etc to ascertain why it fuels but not sparks
no i don t think its the immobilisor and ive told you from day one fit the proper speedo head before you damage the bsi unless you have already

ive really tried to help you all along
I have two spedo heads both the same number both do different things ( but niether would show revs or speed when it was running )
now i have soldered the wires going to the bsi ( for some reason 4 were cut and extended .. no idea why) now i have no spark so i am presuming not a coincedence .
i did ask in another thread can i just replace the bsi or is it a new lock set. as it does as you say seem to all be stemming from the bsi unit ( which i presume is coded to the ecu and key )

You need to get it on a computer before you start chopping bits about, a new body computer might not be the answer especially with signs of damaged wiring.
cut wires is never a good sign, are you sure there are no additional security devices fitted or that have been removed?

Show us the eBay link anyway it might help.

With fuel pumping and no code light it is save to say its not your immobaliser (unless the immobaliser its self is completely buggered) either way knowing what the immobaliser controls or not in this case won't help you.m

Your car might seem of little value but seeing as every punto on this forum uses the same system many members have more valuable models, and in any case theives don't always steal for profit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270865366...66367&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
What's a BSI :confused:
me being lazy its not a bSI its the body computer that is attached to the fusebox under the dash if i am correct it controlls most of the cars electrical circuts (windows dash ect)
You need to get it on a computer before you start chopping bits about, a new body computer might not be the answer especially with signs of damaged wiring.
cut wires is never a good sign, are you sure there are no additional security devices fitted or that have been removed?
cant see any ( although if removed i wouldnt lol ) the person i bought it from wont answer questions on what they have done (or when she sent the log book off ) .
2 questions then
1 i have various diagnostic tools but am un aware what to use on this car (i have seen vag com mentioned this i have )
2 . i dont want to throw money at it already slung a new gearbox in ( un budgeted ) there is a bsi unit on ebay fro a tenner .... now as i understand it this would not work due to the immobiliser code BUT if i fitted it although i wouldnt start would it cure the dash problem which would then mean i can safely buy a ecu lock set and cure the original dash problem ?
a odd way to diagnose i know but i would rather throw a tenner away than £100 on a lock set

You would need a body computer, engine ecu and ignition barrel with chipped key all from the same car to test this theory

So a £10 computer won't help you on its own

You would also need either the clocks from the donor car or to get the new clocks realigned to the can network in your car before they would work

Back