Technical Immobiliser mucking about

Currently reading:
Technical Immobiliser mucking about

Grumblesnatcher

Hi All. I have a rather annoying intermittent fault with the immobiliser on a 96 55sx 1100cc. This car was recently put back on the road after a lay up of nearly a year and she drove beautifully for about a week. A couple of days ago, after filling up, I noticed the key code light on permanently on the way home. The engine still ran perfectly but having stopped the engine and trying to restart the keycode light refused to die and engine would not start. Since then it sometimes goes out after two seconds and the engine starts but when running the light flashes randomly ( no pattern at all ) and will not restart when turned off. If I disconnect the battery it sometimes starts again and the code light still flashes on and off. I have checked the wires from antenna ring and control box ( as fault is similar to a wire only just making contact) and checked contacts on ecu but can't find the fault. Anyone come across this before and , if so, did you cure it. Have looked on the internet for a second hand immobiliser kit but can only find one for a 1.2 - are they the same? Any help greatly appreciated.

Back