General Immobiliser Key stolen in handbag :-(

Currently reading:
General Immobiliser Key stolen in handbag :-(

where are you getting these figures from?

Fiat main dealer in Dublin wanted €600 for a locks-ECU-Keys on a 1.2 Stilo £500. Did it through an independent auto electrician for €200 including re-coding the 3rd party alarm.

Lot of money.

where are you getting these figures from?

Its an additional key and lock replacement policy I get with (but separately) from my car insurance via Carole Nash.

It covers the costs of new keys and if they can't be replaced the costs of new locks. Before buying I specifically asked if it would cover for a new FIAT ECU if I lost the keys. They said Yes and the phone calls are "recorded for quality purposes".

Last edited:
Hi. I am from the bristol area. can certainly do it cheaper than that quote. I am an auto locksmith. If you do not live near Bristol then it is possible for me to do. but i would need your immobilizer and a lock. the best one being the boot lock. get in touch if you have any questions. thank you

Its a mk2 not a mk1 :)

If you can send the immobilizer and the boot lock to me i can make 2 keys from the boot lock and program them to the immobilizer. Once put back in the car they will start it.

Back