Technical Immobiliser Issue?

Currently reading:
Technical Immobiliser Issue?

hollm

Hi,

Recently bought a 2007 1.2 Fiat Grande Punto, drove about 20 miles and then one morning went to start the car and immobiliser light came on, radio was also on but the engine wouldn't start and didn't make a noise.

Thought it was the battery, so I changed it and still had the same issue. Ran diagnostics and couldn't connect to the ECU so I thought it was that, checked every fuse and some wires connecting to the ECU and no issues there.

Then after trying all that, tried the car again and it started but when the key was taken out the engine was still running. This happened a few times and then wouldn't start at all again. So I'm back to square one.

Anyone have any ideas or advice?

Thanks in advance :)

Doesn't sound like an immobiliser issue if you can't turn it off!

When did this first happen? Had it been raining? If so have you checked the fusebox, they leak

This thread Link for example "This just caused the car to not switch off even when the key had been removed completely"

Thanks for replying,

The car started after about 45 mins of looking around it and checking voltages of various different things. So I didn't know whether the immobiliser had a timer or something like that?

It hadn't been raining, it was just cold. The fusebox seemed to be okay, each fuse was working fine. Does this rule out any chance of the fusebox being damaged?

So strange how the engine was still running with the key out! Might be a transponder issue within the key? Would that explain why it doesn't start 99% of the time and when it does start it keeps running without the key?

Thanks for replying,

The car started after about 45 mins of looking around it and checking voltages of various different things. So I didn't know whether the immobiliser had a timer or something like that?

It hadn't been raining, it was just cold. The fusebox seemed to be okay, each fuse was working fine. Does this rule out any chance of the fusebox being damaged?

So strange how the engine was still running with the key out! Might be a transponder issue within the key? Would that explain why it doesn't start 99% of the time and when it does start it keeps running without the key?
Read the thread in the link previously provided by another member, it is very helpful and matches your problem very closely.

No timer on imobiliser.

Back