Technical Idle problems

Currently reading:
Technical Idle problems

MikMol

Fiat Panda that dies at idle when it gets hot, otherwise runs fine 1.2 engine 2014. No error codes. Replaced everything . Been to three different workshops, including a Fiat workshop, no one can find the fault.

I have replaced the map sensor but it didnt helped. I have driven the car for 6 months like this so i dont think that the fuel is the problem.

All the problems started after the generator stopped it may have given a few power peaks before it gave up, had to replace it and the battery.
Loads of error codes that I extinguish one by one, oil pressure, crankshaft, map sensor, evap sensor, ignition coil, spark plug, gas pedal and now finally throttle body.
No codes left but engine still stalls

Like I said Raise the RPM above 5000 3 times. Preferrably with a warm engine. Works on a Stilo to relearn the idle position of the butterfly valve. Probably not different on your car.
Otherwise MES might be helpful in relearning idle in the ECU.

gr J

Map sensor lives in the base of the inlet manifold and causes issues if oil from crank case breather contaminates it. Remove throttle body and clean it. Sometimes causes issues on mine. Clean manifold inside with some soft lint free cotton cloth through the top while throttle body is off.
These engines seem to like new plugs regularly too.

My bet is slight contamination of throttle body.
If not try map sensor.

Cleaning VVT solenoid made both ours run much better too. Washed with carb cleaner.

Hi, sorry for my english
I had this problem 2 time on 1.2 engine.
It always comes from the timing belt.
Without reason it maybe distended....and the vvt system loosing his mind.
You must release and put it with special tools Fiat and respect the process and it Will be done.
It's the dark side of this motor.
Timing belt, if it's little old (and sometimes when is new) or if it's not replaced with right tools and metod can be littleless distended and make mystake with vvt and all engine captors.
I hope that will help you.

Last edited:
Back