Technical IAW ECU Live Mapping & Tech Info

Currently reading:
Technical IAW ECU Live Mapping & Tech Info

One thing I noticed that may be of use to turbo users that still have the evap canister connected is that the evap valve will open under boost pressure from the throttle body side.

The spring is very light inside the valve/solonoid so under boost the valve opens pressurising (the fuel tank (original fuel cap only lets air in not out).

If you must keep the system installed for any reason but do not want to run the risk of pressurising the fuel tank you can modify the valve on top of the canister.

On the rear of the valve is a small plastic cover with a triangular shape in the end, remove this and you will find a hex/Allen key.

Simply tighten this as far as it will go to permanently closed the valve, glue the plastic cover back on and fit a vented fuel filler cap.

Externally the evap system will appear to be intact but will never actually function.

May as well contribute back to my very old thread (haven't been here for more than a year I guess...).

You can keep the canister functioning in vacuum conditions and still protect everything from boost, just mount a one way valve on the fuel/vapor line from the canister to the throttle body. Exactly what I did on my former setup, worked flawlessly for several years.

woj, I sent you pm in 2021 about help on my xdf. Did you read it?

I'm modifying my cinquecento 899 in turbo. For the electronic part I would like to transform the ECU from aspirated into turbo, following the advice of WOJ. Do you recommend keeping the iaw 16f or switching to 8/18f?

Hello every body.

I have seriuos trouble with converting dec values of ingnition table to degree in IAW 18 FD.5Z. How to convert propertly ?

All the best

Last edited:
The correct formula for advance of 1.2 16v engine is
degree = (value / 2) - 18

Hye everybody
On the IAW16F (seicento sporting), if you modify the fuel correction table, the A/C will then work to return to target values right?.
So you have to be able to modify the target lambda value table on the rpm/map you want, right?
There is an F910 16*8 RPM*MAP map on the seicento, can anyone confirm that this is the target lambda map?

Hye everybody
On the IAW16F (seicento sporting), if you modify the fuel correction table, the A/C will then work to return to target values right?.
So you have to be able to modify the target lambda value table on the rpm/map you want, right?
There is an F910 16*8 RPM*MAP map on the seicento, can anyone confirm that this is the target lambda map?
Put your ecu ori file here.

Here s my file
Leave this map oryginal.
To tune your ecu to etanol use injector timing map F73F and increase time injection to get stable idle.
Increase about 15 % at low pressure (10-38 kPa) and 20% at higer pressure.
Aditional use fuel correction map CT x MAP.

Leave this map oryginal.
To tune your ecu to etanol use injector timing map F73F and increase time injection to get stable idle.
Increase about 15 % at low pressure (10-38 kPa) and 20% at higer pressure.
Aditional use fuel correction map CT x MAP.
Are you sure that F73F is the injection time? It's not the fuel canister timing?
My engine has been running on ethanol for 4 years and I am trying to understand how the IAW16F works.

I switched to 32mm pap from punto and I have already modified quite a few maps to start the engine at cold temperatures, as well as operation during engine warming.

I have never touched the F73F map because it only works at a certain coolant temperature

Are you sure that F73F is the injection time? It's not the fuel canister timing?
My engine has been running on ethanol for 4 years and I am trying to understand how the IAW16F works.

I switched to 32mm pap from punto and I have already modified quite a few maps to start the engine at cold temperatures, as well as operation during engine warming.

I have never touched the F73F map because it only works at a certain coolant temperature
I have always used this map to adjust fuel to proper AFR. It works with every temperature. Additional use correction map mentioned before. Everything you nedd you have in map definifion in tuner/tunerpro.

What`s wrong with you car now ?

I have always used this map to adjust fuel to proper AFR. It works with every temperature. Additional use correction map mentioned before. Everything you nedd you have in map definifion in tuner/tunerpro.

What`s wrong with you car now ?

I have a problem with the engine stalling.
When I am in cut off mode, throttle on idle, engine speed above 2000 (I set cut off at 1900 rpm), if I disengage the clutch, the rpm goes down and the engine stalls.

I can't find the bit that controls the resumption of injection (which is around 1400 rpm);

And I also think that I have to play on the position of the idle stepper but here too I did not understand the function of all the maps of the idle stepper.

I built my own xdf based on that of woj with identification of many additionnal maps but some are still unknown to me.

I have a problem with the engine stalling.
When I am in cut off mode, throttle on idle, engine speed above 2000 (I set cut off at 1900 rpm), if I disengage the clutch, the rpm goes down and the engine stalls.

I can't find the bit that controls the resumption of injection (which is around 1400 rpm);

And I also think that I have to play on the position of the idle stepper but here too I did not understand the function of all the maps of the idle stepper.

I built my own xdf based on that of woj with identification of many additionnal maps but some are still unknown to me.
First thing stepper motor must operate propertly to keep idle. You must replace motor. I thing this cause problem.
Did you replace all throttle body from punto ?

Attachments

• engine.png
    engine.png
    708.2 KB · Views: 38
  • throttle body.png
    throttle body.png
    903.5 KB · Views: 34
  • stepper motor.png
    stepper motor.png
    622.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hi, I looked at your file, but there is no map for f910 or am I wrong? I also believe that the map in F73F is the injection times and not the canister.
Listen to DMATTHEW's advice that you will solve.

First thing stepper motor must operate propertly to keep idle. You must replace motor. I thing this cause problem.

yes I replaced the complete body.
I also adjusted the F0C3 calibration map of the idle stepper like that of the punto. The idle stepper works correctly. I already had this engine stalling problem with the 30mm body of the seicento but only with ethanol and not at all with unleaded 98.
I made xdf for my file; I m juste working for me;
Would you be ok if I sent it to you and you see what is good or not? just time to translate it into English.

Hi, I looked at your file, but there is no map for f910 or am I wrong? I also believe that the map in F73F is the injection times and not the canister.
Listen to DMATTHEW's advice that you will solve.
Yes there is map F910 8*16 Rpm*Map (all are 128 dec). depending on the origin of the bins. This map does not exist.

Back