Technical I really need your advice !

Currently reading:
Technical I really need your advice !

Robracer

Effiency through the roof
Hi all.

R' 98, Fiat Marea 2.0 20v Weekend. 75,000 miles.
Just before christmas my car passed it's MOT, but at the time my car had an intermitent knocking noise coming from the front drivers side low down some where.
So I told the MOT tester to find it so I could fix as soon as, but they couldn't find anything wrong and passed the car.

But since then it's been getting more frequent, so today I took my car to another garage to see what they thought, but they couldn't find the knock either even though he could hear it when he took it for a test drive.

He checked both Drivers & Passenger's fr side joint's but to no avail.

I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks.
Rob(y)

Almost exactly same as mine... 85k on the clock, knocking started, just passed MOT..... I'm changing the drop arms first on Friday (£30 for the pair) - if that does not sort it, then it's the anti-roll bar itself which is a more expensive job.

Cheers guy's.

I had a thought it might be the ARB, but as you said, are the ARB bushes available to buy on their own, I don't fancy having to fork out for an entire ARB. (I get paid next week).

I must admit, that's the only thing he didn't check though.

Also what will it cost me for the exhaust backwards from the middle joint because I also noticed a little hole appearing.

Factory or Aftermarket.

Thanks.
Rob.(n)

Droplinks = Changed

Knocking = GONE!

Genuine Fiat droplinks cost £15.95 each... took longer to find the locking wheel nut than it did to change them!:D

In agreement with a lot of your other replies. I run a 99 1.8 ELX Weekend. It'll be the wishbone bushes. Mines only done 39k miles but Changed the drivers side after MOT, it passed but tester said it had a little play in it. Make a nasty thud over potholes etc with very little play. I also replaced the stabileser bars on the anti-roll thingy , worn ones don't make much of a thud, more like a grate/squeak. I got a complete wishbone from fiat, bit dearer but a lot easier than trying to get the bushes off. All thuds and squeaks stopped. Car running like a dream, cracking , cracking motor in my opinion

hi i also have a banging or clunking knocking noise coming from lower drivers side. i have changed wishbone arm
anti-roll bar ends
track-rod ends
front shocks
but still have noise when going over speed bumps and down pot holes
the noise is worse if i put the car on full lock while going off a curb or down a pot hole
have put in garage but no-one seems to know what wrong
it has been checked for play and engine mounts but still no luck
can anyone help its a fiat marea weekend 2litre 20v elx s reg thanks

Depends where you go for the exhaust, original Fiat exhaust will set you back around £350 :eek: for the back end. If you go to one of the many exhaust retailers on the high street it will be about half that. Don't know what a performance exhaust would cost, probably somewhere between the two.

1997 Marea HLX 2.0 20V saloon

Back