Technical I need a new clutch, how much am I looking at? PLEASE HELP

Currently reading:
Technical I need a new clutch, how much am I looking at? PLEASE HELP

lfcurchins

I need a new clutch for my 1996 P Reg Punto and first quote have been qouted £140 but have been told no to pay more than £80 is this true? How much would you say it should be so I know I am not getting ripped off, I mean a whole new clutch??? Please help.(y)

I just replaced my clutch on my FIRE engined Uno at the weekend. Price of just the clutch (trade) was £40, retail was £60.

Trade price to supply and fit a clutch to my car was at least £120. Joe Average in a high street clutch place would pay more like £150.

So to get it supplied and fitted for £120 is good! £80 I doubt it, it's at least a two hour job so the labour alone would be more than that.

Normally a clutch change involves replacing the friction plate, the pressure plate and the release bearing.

Or you could change it yourself if you have a decent tool set. Not a nice job, but can be done at home. Took me the better part of a days work, though the most awkward job was removing the driveshafts. It was made worse because I have a turbo anti-roll bar fitted that gets in the way :bang:

Punto might be easier than a Uno because it has a bigger engine bay?

1986Uno45S said:
Or you could change it yourself

I can just about change the oil, never mind a clutch :bang:

So Im looking at £100 plus then at least?

Back