Off Topic I found this under my hood this morning

Currently reading:
Off Topic I found this under my hood this morning

I thought I'd share some laughs with you guys. :)

Beer is on me for the first to guess what this is. :yum:

728990_4496115921314_476593714_o.jpg

if it be mouse you should keep a watch on your fuel lines 2 months back in diesel multiwagon left fhome got down road to notice fuel gauge dropping fast..pulled in and diesel all over engine block lucky not petrol as could of been far worse..took engine cover off to find a hole in one of the tubes that link injectors lucky was a workshop close so waffled a bit of tube out them to get me home..then kept engine cover off for few weeks to keep eye when left home in morning and yep the mouse was back they like the cloth that is wrapped round the tubing to make a little warm home with in end had no choice but to leave trap in engine bay over night as no other way to put the little pest off..thought the taste of diesel would deter them but not the case and since then no more holes nibbled in the cloth braid tube..I also then got some stainless over braid for the tubes between injectors so I could put engine cover back on and not worry about it's big mouse brother coming back for revenge..but it is the cloth that they like from that type of tubing and is only used between injectors, I live in coutry so lots of wildlife about at night looking for warm home so if anyone lives in rural area worth keeping an eye out for them mice

Last edited:
I started the car fine and observed the engine running. I guess I could go ahead and remove the engine cover to make sure nobody's done anything there. Mine is a petrol so if fuel splatters everywhere this could be a huge issue. I'll remember not to park there anymore. I live in the heart of Bucharest but some homeless huys left a bunch of garbage in front of my car some days back and I guess this is the result.
Davren, yes you can have his bear as well. :) I think another 6 pack is waiting for your return. :p

Oh this just keeps getting better and better.

I went outside to check for possible damage under the engine cover. Although the engine starts fine, I tried to check all the visible wires for any pest chew. I thought I saw a wire dangling down the undertray and thought oh there it is he broke something. Took a closer look and was petrified. The rat died under my hood and was just laying there with his tail in a hole of the undertray.

Mind you, I am terribly afraid of mice and rats. Not afraid of anything else, just the rodents. I get chills even while writing this post. I screamed like a girl and immediately backed away, pulled my phone out and called my friend and flatmate from above to come and take the rodent out because there was no obvious way I was getting anywhere near the car. I couldn't look at him removing the rat from my car so I climbed up the wheel. Not really proud of all of this but I am what I am. :rolleyes:

I've got a whole lot of pictures for you to laugh of. :yuck:

DSC08147.jpgDSC08148.jpgDSC08154.jpgDSC08159.jpgDSC08162.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yes, excuse my typo. :p

If I make it in London this year, I'll bring a bunch and look for you and scout. He's only 1 hour away from the centre.

Back