General I challenge every single one of you......

Currently reading:
General I challenge every single one of you......

aint you got anything better to do challenge people to who has the most polished car:confused:
It's all a bit of fun :p If anyone is going to appreciate puntokris' labour of love keeping his GP that clean then it's people on a GP Forum! :D

Mine needs a clean :eek:

Wiashed and waxed mine last week using Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine polish. Gave a pretty good result don't you think.

Attachments

• new car small.jpg
    new car small.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 40
  • new car side small.jpg
    new car side small.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 47
  • new car rear side small.jpg
    new car rear side small.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 41
  • new car interior.jpg
    new car interior.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 55
looks good mate, and yes the CK is good stuff. :)

as for shinyest, you have the wrong colour, you need black. :p

DSC00068-1.jpg

DSCF0038-3.jpg

DSCF0035-4.jpg

DSCF0030-5.jpg

DSCF0011-6.jpg

DSCF0010-4.jpg

DSCF0009-4.jpg

DSCF0003-5.jpg

DSCF0001-7.jpg

DSCF0005-3.jpg

thanks! :D

black will always be the shiniest its more reflective but red rooolz and i havnt even polished or waxed it

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 74
For all those shiny car people, do you still have swirl marks and light scratches after you've polished and waxed your car?

I'm so annoyed with all the swirl marks and scratches that have appeared on my sporting (red) from the day I picked it up last year!

Cheers

Dan

I did to start off with but now using a wash mitt and two bucket system.

The swirls were already there when I first parked after picking it up from the dealers brand new.

to all that display their cars on this thread as all good waxes polish is used all are of the same quality none really stand above any as far as waxes or polish go of use is has a lot to do with it and elbow grease it's all to do with lighting and the camera used,shaded areas and indirect light are the best conditions to take photos in: a semi wooded area with indirect light is the best bright sun light being the worst,ideally its a showroom that beats them all..........:)

to all that display their cars on this thread as all good waxes polish is used all are of the same quality none really stand above any as far as waxes or polish go of use is has a lot to do with it and elbow grease it's all to do with lighting and the camera used,shaded areas and indirect light are the best conditions to take photos in: a semi wooded area with indirect light is the best bright sun light being the worst,ideally its a showroom that beats them all..........:)

I have to agree with this. Over the years I have used various polishes including Maguires Gold Class, Autoglym both super resin and extra deep shine and also with extra gloss finish as well as numerous other less well known brands, and to be perfectly honest the results are not that much different. I did buy an electric polisher and found that gave a very good shine but its a bit of a hastle using it so don't really bother too much.

sorry, i dont agree with your comments about all the waxes being the same, that is simply not true! some £2.99 stuff is not going to be as good as some zymol products that can cost upto £4k for a pot, some are even more! not that i would ever pay that, but it still remains! a decent wax will protect for alot longer than a cheaper version, collinite for example has been proven to last after one coat for up to 6-7 months, and auto glym EGP will seal the finish and protect for a similar amount of time. where as for instance some cheap wax from wilko's will last probably two weeks. i agree its how you use the product that will creat the best result for the product, but all waxes aren't the same, neither is all the polishes, sealers, cleaner waxes etc etc etc...

as for the swirls, using a wash mitt and the two bucket method following a good rinse/jet washing will obviously help, but still won't guarentee a swirl free result. you will need to buy a PC (porter cable) or similar to remove the swirls and light scratches and then carry on using the two bucket method to keep them to a minimal. the GP paintwork is very soft, so even pressing on too hard with a MF Towel can create marks and scratches.

Back