General I cant open my boot?

Currently reading:
General I cant open my boot?

Ry4n

It seems that my boot is not responding to the button on the dash or the one on the key. Every time I press either button the lights just flash twice?

The only way I can seem to get it open is by pushing the back seats and getting into the boot from there, pressing the little catch at the lock to open it.

Its is doing my head in! Any ideas why this is happening?

Cheers
Ryan

I have had this fault, turned out to be the tailgate release mechanism. If I recall correctly the solenoid had gone open circuit. It was replaced under warranty by my dealer, they did it while I waited, took about an hour.

yep as sledge says.. have you got a water leak into the boot? (water leaks out of the hole on either side of the boot lid next to the rubber bumper stops) if so its the most likely cause if its under warranty book it in and take it in for repair if not its a DIY able job remove boot card, undo two 10mm headed bolts unplug wiring and refit in reverse order however if its water damage i'd sort that first otherwise it'll happen again

Cheers for the advise guys. Put it into my local Arnold Clark garage and got them to sort it out. Apparantly I need a latch replacment so they fitted a new one! Works a treat.

Cheers

Back